NavMonPc@yahoogroups.com

  • Elliott
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2009

      Greetings!

      I am sending you this email because you have expressed interest in the NavMonPc program.  Perhaps you were trying to use it, had some suggestions for new features, were helping to track down a bug, or had offered to help improve it.  I wanted to let you know that I have created a Yahoo group (essentially a mailing list, but with a few more features) where we can discuss the next major upgrade.

      If you have a question or problem concerning the existing program you will probably want to send it to me directly, unless you think it would be of general interest.  But if you have suggestions for new features, or would like to help design and implement the next phase of NavMonPc (or whatever we decide to call it), this is the place.

      Here are my goals:

      ·         Re-write the code from the ground up, using the C# language.  Microsoft has a very nice (and free) development platform: http://www.microsoft.com/express/download/

      ·         Provide more flexible display and processing capability

      ·         Generally improve the look and feel

      ·         Continue to provide a program that is optimized for small-screen, low-power notebooks and “netbooks”, such as the EeePc: http://eeepc.asus.com/global/product700.html?n=0

      ·         Take full advantage of larger-format computers

      ·         Create an open interface for the development community

      ·         Design for internationalization – language, and units of measure

      ·         Continue to provide the program free of charge for non-commercial use

      ·         [Something you want to add here?]

      If you would like to participate, or just see what is going on, please sign up:

      Group email address: NavMonPc@yahoogroups.com (you have to join before you can send email to the group)

      Fair Winds,

      Paul Elliott

      S/V VALIS