Is Your Pet Getting Enough Nutrients?

  • A. M. Wilmot
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2004
      Free-Reprint Article Written by: A. M. Wilmot
      See Terms of Reprint Below.

      * Nature-Reprints@yahoogroups.com

      Article Title: Is Your Pet Getting Enough Nutrients?
      Article Author: A. M. Wilmot
      Article Copyright: 2004

      Article URL:

      Article Autoresponder:

      Author Contact Email:

      Formatted to 65 Characters per Line
      Word Count: 403 words

      This article was written by A. M. Wilmot.

      The only role of http://thePhantomWriters.com and
      http://Article-Distribution.com is in the actual
      distribution of this article to you.

      At TPW, we are providing an additional free tool for
      webmasters who reprint the articles we distribute. If your
      software does not automatically hyperlink the URL's in your
      site copy, please use our Text-to-Hyperlink Conversion Tool
      to convert all URL's and Mailto addresses to the required
      hyperlinked format:

      TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules

      This is a Free-Reprint article. The only requirements for
      publishing this article are:

      * You must leave the article and resource box unedited. You are
      not allowed to change our recommendations, nor are you allowed
      to change the context of the article.

      * You may not use this article in UCE (Unsolicited Commercial Email).
      Email distribution of this article MUST be opt-in email only.

      * We ask that you forward a copy of the ezine or newsletter
      that contains the article inside to the author at:

      * If you post this article on a website, you MUST set any URL's
      or Mailto addresses in the body of the article and most
      especially in the Author's Resource Box as hyperlinks. We
      request that you also send us a copy of the URL where you
      have posted this article.

      We are providing free Text-to-Hyperlink Conversion Tool for
      webmasters who need an easy way to convert the plain text in
      this article to hyperlinks where required, for the purpose of
      meeting our hyperlink requirements:

      If you find any of the rules to be unsavory or unacceptable, please
      do not publish this article. While we are happy to make the content
      available to you for your own use, we must insist on having our rules
      and *Terms of Reprint* honored in full.

      Is Your Pet Getting Enough Nutrients?
      Copyright � 2004 A. M. Wilmot
      Dog Food Nutrition

      In recent years, we as a nation have become more preoccupied
      with nutrition issues than ever before, so you would think that
      we should naturally have equal concern for our dogs and cats ...
      especially since we generally consider them to be a part of the

      We should want the ingredients in our pet food to be human grade
      or at least nearly so.

      If byproducts are shunned in our own food, why are they be
      allowed in our animals' food? Do we want them to live to their
      maximum lifespan?

      Of course we do. Nobody enjoys seeing their beloved pet, whom
      they have truly formed a bond with, get sick and slowly die.

      We are now seeing that our dogs and cats in fact need daily
      supplements the same way that people do, in order to take care
      of their bodies for the inevitable stresses of the aging process.
      In the span of an animal's life, an early start at good health
      ensures less vulnerability to certain degenerative diseases,
      joints that are less likely to creak with pain and a healthier

      Holistic veterinarian Dr. Jane Bicks claims that when studying
      dog food, one should be on the lookout for dyes, and other
      chemicals as much as possible.

      For example, BHA, which is one of the primary synthetic
      antioxidant preservatives used to prevent food discoloration,
      has been shown to cause cancer in laboratory rats at some doses.
      In lesser doses, the preservative does not show a dangerous
      effect but who knows what BHA can do to their bodies in small
      doses over a long time span.

      Dr. Jane states that the maximum life span of dogs is estimated
      to be between 25 to 30 years, but the average dog often lives
      no longer than 13 to 14 years.

      And she says that this difference is caused mostly by inadequate

      She also states that protein is an overlooked but vitally
      importartant part of a dog or cat's natural development.

      Harder working or more energetic dogs and cats need more
      protein as well as fat in their diets to support their stamina.
      A dog food that is complete and balanced and includes at least
      26 percent protein and 1650 kilocalories of metabolizable energy
      per pound. During the seasons when dogs are not working, feed
      them less of the caloric-dense dog food.

      For more information about dog and cat nutrition, go to:

      Resource Box:
      Aaron Wilmot is an author and researcher in the fields
      of human and pet health. For more info. go to:

      For more articles by this author, please visit: