PENCILS IN THE HANDS OF GOD

  • Bayo Afolaranmi
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2009
      Dearly Beloved,
      PENCILS IN THE HANDS OF GOD
      “‘O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter does?’ declares the LORD. ‘Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel’” (Jeremiah 18:6 NIV).
      Recently, I received an SMS from an online friend that is very inspiring. The SMS was titled “Five Pencil Tips.” These tips are:
      1. In everything you do, always leave a mark.
      2.You can always correct your mistakes.
      3. What is important is what is inside you.
      4. In life, you will undergo some painful sharpening that will make you a better pencil.
      5. To be the best pencil, you must allow yourself to be held and guided by the hand that holds you.
      The SMS ends with these words: Remember! We are nothing but pencils in the hands of our Creator. (Interestingly, this statement is the slogan of the producer of a popular national television drama series here in Nigeria.)
      The message of the SMS is self-explanatory. Each of us is indeed like a pencil in the hand of God. God Himself used another analogy to establish this to the people of Israel. The Lord sent Prophet Jeremiah to a potter’s house in order to see the potter as he worked at the wheel. When Jeremiah got to the place, he saw the potter shaping and reshaping the clay till he got a desired result. Then God equated the people of Israel, as well as any other human being, to the clay in the hands of the potter.
      God is ready to make good use of you if you can surrender yourself unto Him. No matter the seemingly difficult experience, He is working to bring something good out of you (Romans 8:28; 2 Corinthians 4:15-17; 1 Peter 1:7-8). Indeed, we are pencils in His hand.
      In His service,
      Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).

      Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
      +234 805 515 9591
      http://www.thewordthruthenet.org/
      http://www.facebook.com/bayo.afolaranmi
      Visit and become a follower of http://thewordthruthenet.blogspot.com/

      I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will
      AND TO DIE IS GAIN (Philippians 1:20-21, NIV).