  • Bayo Afolaranmi
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2012
      Dearly Beloved,
      "After the king was settled in his palace and the LORD had given him rest from all his enemies around him, he said to Nathan the prophet, `Here I am, living in a palace of cedar, while the ark of God remains in a tent'" (2 Samuel 7:1-2, NIV).
      "Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" (Luke 6:38 NIV).
      God had given David rest from all his enemies around him (verse 1). His intention was to build a befitting edifice for the Lord. He told prophet Nathan about this intention that the latter readily approved (verse 3). The intention is indeed laudable. However, God sent Nathan back to David to tell him His mind – David would not be the one to build a house for Him!
      Nevertheless, the "no" answer of God was with promises: a) God would make his name great; b) God would provide a place for His people Israel where they would have rest; c) God would give him rest from all his enemies; d) God would establish a house for him; e) God would raise up David's offspring to succeed him after his death; f) the offspring would build a house for God's Name; g) God would establish his throne forever; h) God would be with his successor; i) God would guide and correct David's offspring; j) God's love would never be taken away from him; and above all, k) David's throne will be established forever. What wonderful promises!
      David decided to do one good thing for God, but God reciprocated by doing many things for him. What do you want to do for God? What are you doing for Him even now?
      William Carrey says, "Attempt great things for God; expect great things from God." If you attempt and do great things for God, God also will not only promise you great things, He will do great things for you.
      In His service,
      Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
      This message was first sent out on May 15, 2005.
      Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor)
      +234 805 515 9591
      +234 816 304 5450
      Visit http://inspirationaldailyquotes.blogspot.com/ for updated daily inspiring quotes from notable Christians. Also visit http://bibleverseofthedaybypastorbayo.blogspot.com/ for daily edifying Bible verses.

      "I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. FOR TO ME, TO LIVE IS CHRIST AND TO DIE IS GAIN" (Philippians 1:20-21, NIV).