Re: [NationalConstitutionalConvention06] Re: Updated National Constitutional Convention Draft Letter

  • Michael Bindner
    Message 1 of 71 , Dec 14, 2006
      Actually, it was the military lawyers that led to a calling to a halt of some of the abuses at GITMO, not the ACLU.

      Eric Reinhardt <ericreinhardt2003@...> wrote:
      A very important point you raise Michael -- the need for a new energy
      source. It's the Saudi oil revenues that are primarily funding Al
      Qaida. As per a military solution, if done correctly, it can work.
      Arabs only respect strenght. Unfortunately our military is fighting
      with ACLU lawyers looking over their soldiers at every turn. You
      can't fight a Gentleman's Rules war with an enemy who uses human
      shields and fights dirty to begin with.

      --- In NationalConstitutio nalConvention06@ yahoogroups. com, Michael
      Bindner <christianlibertari anparty@. ..> wrote:

      > Agreed, although I am not sure a military solution works pefectly.
      >
      > Shifting to a new energy source will at least starve it, and I
      can see going into western most Pakistan. We should not be afraid to
      cross the Yalu on this one. Other than actually taking the battle to
      Queda HQ, we need to rely on non-military means.

      > Eric Reinhardt <ericreinhardt2003@ ...> wrote:
      > Well Terrence, the people of Kuwait, Grenada, and Panama
      might take
      > issue with your position. There's no question that our government
      has
      > supported oppressive regimes through the years, but we've also done
      > some good. Glad to see that we agree with respect to radical Islam.
      > Many simply blame our foreign policy with respect to the problems
      we
      > are having with the latter. However, it is clear that the radical
      > muslims despise us just as much, if not more so for our Western
      > culture. The bottom line is that RADICAL Islam(as opposed to
      moderate
      > Islam) is a scourge that must be removed from the Earth if we are
      > have both national and global security.
      >
      > --- In NationalConstitutio nalConvention06@ yahoogroups. com, Terrence
      > Lewis <tlewis33@> wrote:
      > >
      > > The biggest single effect that splitting up into regions will
      have
      > is
      > > the emasculation of American military power. This is a good thing
      > > because American military power makes possible the oppression of
      > people
      > > everywhere particularly and historically, the middle east and
      south
      > and
      > > central America. If the US cannot exert military power to support
      > > very oppressive foreign policy, the rest of the world will have
      far
      > > fewer reasons to hate us. Unfortunately, it is imperative that we
      > need
      > > to protect ourselves from radical Islam. In the longer run, we
      > must
      > > stop creating terrorists. The fight against terrorism would be
      > much
      > > easier and successful if we had maintained the high moral ground.
      > > Unfortunately, we did not.
      > >
      > > On Tuesday, Dec 12, 2006, at 13:44 America/Phoenix, Eric
      Reinhardt
> [...]
      terror,
      > but
      > > > when it comes to "walking the walk" they leave a lot to be
      > desired.
      > > > Given this, I feel that unless we get REAL LEADERS at the
      federal
      > > > level who are not concerned with political correctness and/or
      > don't
      > > > put the $$$BOTTOML-I- I-INE$$$ ahead of our national security,
      > within
      > > > a generation we will be speaking Arabic and/or facing Mecca on
      > prayer
      > > > rugs a couple of times each day. This is also another reason
      why I
      > > > feel independent republics are a necessity at this time.
      > Hopefully in
      > > > at least 1 or 2(hopefully more) we will have TRUE LEADERS at the
      > > > federal level who will do what needs to be done with respect to
      > > > radical Islam. In addition, splitting up into numerous regions
      > will
      > > > greatly complicate things for Al Qaida---independent economies
      and
      > > > security mechanisms. It should also be pointed out that in the
      > > > radical Islamic philosophy, any nation that has fundamentalist
      > > > muslims living within in it WILL ultimately be required to
      become
      > > > muslim-ruled( theocratic) nation. And as we already have a
      > > > considerable number of these elements on our soil, the die has
      > > > already been cast from the radical muslim's perspective. And
      > again,
      > > > I don't have confidence in the current crop of "leaders" in our
      > > > nation to protect our American culture.
      > > >
      > > > --- In NationalConstitutio nalConvention06@ yahoogroups. com,
      Michael

      > you
      > > > to reconsider the laundry list of grievances. Also, state level
      > > > social security collection is not viable, since some states
      have
      > more
      > > > aged populations than others, particularly the small ones who
      are
      > > > essential in getting to the total you need. Many states would go
      > > > broke if they had to administer the program.

      > > > radical Islam. Quite the opposite. It will, in effect, force and
      > > > end to US adventuring (especially if the income tax is done away
      > > > with - although I would not do away with it just yet as its
      > existence
      > > > is the reason the world buys the US debt. Until the debt is
      payed
      > > > off, a national income tax on the highest income earners is
      > justified
      > > > and necessary. Ending that taxing power will destroy the
      currency,
      > > > especially at the regional level. Here is how I would break it
      > down,
      > > > although the final configuration would be by the convention
      itself
      > > > and we should not presume to decide for it.

      Florida
      > > > (Region IV minus Carolina)
      > > > Minnesota)
      > > > (Region VI plus Arizona)
      > > > Utah and Colorado)
      Montana,
> [...]
      affairs
      > of
      > > > others, all in the name of the economic interests of the few and
      > > > supported by the lives and treasure of the many. The current
      > crisis
      > > > of Islamic terrorism is in reaction to the unjust projection of
      > that
      > > > power. The only way to win this war is to stop playing.

      > > > resulted in damage to our civil liberties. From the efforts to
      spy
      > > > on Americans, to the surveillance of member of the peace
      movement
      > > > the ill advised war on drugs, our national law enforcement
      > apparatus
      > > > is out of control. Most criminal activity occurs on a more local
      > > > level and is best handled more locally or not at all, as the
      > > > existence of some such law only produces a violent criminal
      > response.

      > > > resulted in the forced collection of economic information from
      > every
      > > > American, including infants, who must now obtain a citizen
      > > > identification number at birth. The enforcement of this tax has
      > laid
      > > > waste to the constitutional presumption of innocence in
      disputes
      > with
      > > > the Government, as one is presumed to owe taxes until it can be
      > shown
      > > > otherwise.

      > > > commercial areas has lead to disparate law among the federal
      > circuits
      > > > and a vain attempt to bring this law into harmony. Such an
      attempt
      > > > cannot succeed as the resource to do so, the Supreme Court,
      cannot
      > > > possibly devote the attention necessary to this task. There
      exists
      > > > no legislative mechanism to counterbalance regional judicial
      > > > authority, jeapordizing us of the benefits of the separation of
      > > > powers.

      > > > on a consistent basis. Many western states have seen land held
      > > > perpetually by the federal government which should have been
      > either
      > > > distributed to the states or returned to the indigenous tribes
      who
      > > > continue to hold title but have not had benefit of the use of
      > their
      > > > resources.

      > > > convention by two-thirds of the state legistlatures, to be
      > followed
      > > > by regional conventions, to establish regional governments who
      may
      > > > then, by national compact, create national structures when
      needed
      > for
      > > > the provision of the common defense, the voluntary coordination
      of
      > > > law and regulation, the preservation of the national scientific
      > > > establishment (NASA, NIST, Patent and Trademark, NOAA, NIH,
      NTSB)
> [...]
      > > > theme should be Returning Power to the States. The following
      > > > amendments should be proposed, with the Bill of Rights
      being "off
      > the
      > > > table" as a prerequisite for a Convention. The aim here is to
      > > > restructure government to better serve the people and the
      states,
      > not
      > > > eliminate freedoms:

      > > > restructure the federal government and transfer as much power as
      > > > possible back to the states. The time has come for REGION-
      > > > is simply too big and diverse to continue to be ruled from a
      > hamlet
      > > > called Washington D.C. FEMA by the way already has a plan on the
      > > > books for regional government in the event the federal
      > > > disaster (see http://www.ilikefem a.com/?p= 25 , scroll down, view
      > > > map). Needless to say, many feel that the federal government
      has
      > been
      > > > non-functional for quite some time in many important areas
      > affecting
      > > > our nation's well-being and security.

      > > > form the basis of each regional government. Once the regions are
      > > > created, secondary Conventions will then be held at the
      > > > implement Constitutional Reforms IF DESIRED. The initial
      > Convention
      > > > will deal
      > > > level.
      > > > bill calling for a national constitutional convention. To add a
      > sense
      > > > of urgency to the matter, consider the following executive
      orders
      > > > that might be implemented in the event of an economic collapse,
      > > > perhaps precipitated by escalating oil prices:

      > > > TIMES OF INCREASED INTERNATIONAL TENSIONS AND ECONOMIC OR
      > FINANCIAL
      > > > CRISIS.
      > > > plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute industrial
      > support,
      > > > to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all
      > > > aliens, TO OPERATE PENAL AND CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTIONS, and to
      > > > advise and assist the President.
      > > > develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of
      > production
      > > > and distribution, of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit
      and
      > the
      > > > flow of money in U.S. financial institutions in any undefined
      > > > national emergency. It also provides that when a state of
      > emergency
      > > > is declared by the President, Congress cannot review the action
      > for
      > > > six months.
      > > > Encompasses all the above executive orders.

      > > > children?
      > > > unto you.

      > > > Outsiders Insiders by Current Oklahoma Senator Dr. Tom Coburn

      > > > Take Back Their Government by Richard Labunsky

      > > > representatives and senators as well as your fellow citizens.

    • Eric R
      Message 71 of 71 , Aug 7, 2010
        I'll address your points as I have time, Dan. Thanks for the input.

        With respect to bypassing the states in favor of direct rule by the people due to the fact that the states are in essence controlled by the same special interests(banking, oil etc) that control the federal government, you raise a valid and interesting point. Although I concede this may be true in the majority of cases, the point is that we can also go to the other extreme which is what you and quite a few others seem to favor, and that is direct rule by the people. We've discussed this before and my position is that the bulk of the populace is not in my view sufficiently fit(both in terms of education and ethics/morals) to be governing either(our Founders felt this way too, and this is why they established a REPRESENTATIVE REPUBLIC). That said, almost all state constitutions have state constitutional convention provisions which can and should be utilized to reign in corrupt state governments. In addition, initiative and referendum measures can also be utilized.