Re: Do you think we (US) should go back to the old way to run this country

  • spyderman131
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 13, 2006
      --- In NationalConstitutionalConvention06@yahoogroups.com, Terrence
      Lewis <tlewis33@...> wrote:

      > What do you mean by 'the old ways'? Do you mean something like the
      > Articles of Confederation or the primacy of the states over the
      federal
      > government?
      >
      > On Wednesday, Dec 13, 2006, at 19:43 America/Phoenix, spyderman131
      > wrote:
      >
      > > Hello, everybody I have been thinking that the US should return to
      > > it's roots. We should run the country the way our founding fathers
      > > wanted it to be ran.The GOVT is in our faces to much. Do you
      think we
      > > should return to the old ways?
      > >

      > Terrence Lewis
      > If that what it would take to make this country great again I would
      have to say yes. When I look at the way the country is now to the way
      it should be I cry.Just think what would George Washington say about
      the way Congress is being run and how the President acts.
    • Michael Bindner
      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 14, 2006
        The original republic relied on indenture systems for the training of youth and chattel slavery, so No.

        It is a myth that the Federalists did not want to be an international power.  They did, standing army and all.  It is the anti-federalists who opposed this.

        We need to go beyond our roots, not to them.

        It is possible to greatly minimize government, not by ending governmental functions, but by making sure someone else does them (education, anti-poverty, corrections/mental health asylum, retirement savings, disability and survivors insurance, the regulation of commerce).  We must make sure that those who would provide services instead of goverment have democratic rather than autocratic controls, but once that is done, we can dispense with most government and make that which remains live on user fees and judgments rather than taxes.

        Mike Bindner

        Message 3 of 19 , Dec 14, 2006
          George Washington was the leader of the Federalist Counter Revolution overturning the Articles.  He also imposed whisky taxes at gunpoint.

          Message 4 of 19 , Dec 14, 2006
            --- In NationalConstitutionalConvention06@yahoogroups.com, Michael
            Bindner <christianlibertarianparty@...> wrote:

            > George Washington was the leader of the Federalist Counter
            Revolution overturning the Articles. He also imposed whisky taxes at
            gunpoint.

            > spyderman131 <spyderman131@...> wrote: --- In
            NationalConstitutionalConvention06@yahoogroups.com, Terrence
            > Lewis <tlewis33@> wrote:
            > >
            > > What do you mean by 'the old ways'? Do you mean something like
            the
            > > Articles of Confederation or the primacy of the states over the
            > federal
            > > government?
            > >
            > > On Wednesday, Dec 13, 2006, at 19:43 America/Phoenix,
            spyderman131
            > > wrote:
            > >
            > > > Hello, everybody I have been thinking that the US should return
            > > > it's roots. We should run the country the way our founding
            fathers
            > > > wanted it to be ran.The GOVT is in our faces to much. Do you
            > think we
            > > > should return to the old ways?
            > > >

            > > Terrence Lewis
            > > If that what it would take to make this country great again I
            would
            > have to say yes. When I look at the way the country is now to the
            way
            > it should be I cry.Just think what would George Washington say
            about
            > the way Congress is being run and how the President acts.
            >

            > Michael Bindner
            >

            > The Site
            > http://www.geocities.com/christianlibertarianparty/index.html
            >
            > The Group
            > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/christian_libertarian/
            >
            > The Blog
            > http://xianlp.blogspot.com/
            > I am just saying we need to limit the need of govt. I believe stop
            welfare and just stop all of the govt. hand outs. We also need to
            stop helping everybody else and start help the US first and than
            worry about the mid east and all the other crap.And Stop letting
            immigrants come here we are full, There no more room.Close the border
            and stop handing out visas like candy. Stop letting people in for
            about 10yrs and see how the country gets.
          • Eric Reinhardt
            Message 5 of 19 , Dec 14, 2006
              That's what this group is all about spyderman. Most of the Founders
              would probably be rolling over in their graves if they saw the extent
              to which the federal government has grabbed power. I believe, along
              with some others here, that the bulk of the power should reside with
              the states(regions) and not in an isolated hamlet---Washington D.C.
              Both Ancient Rome and the FORMER Soviet Union were ruled from distant
              capitals. And we'll suffer the same fate if we don't wrest back power
              from the greedy globalists who've hijacked the federal level of
              government.

              --- In
              NationalConstitutionalConvention06@yahoogroups.com, "spyderman131"

              Message 6 of 19 , Dec 14, 2006
                if you want immigrants to stop coming repeal right to work laws and end the regulation of immigration - then the employers will have no incentive to hire illegals.

                Where are you that you think this country is full?  This country has so much empty land we could fit the entire population of the planet on it.

                I agree with not handing out money.  However, conditioning the public protection on private assets on bargaining fairly with employees so they don't have to get benefits seems to be not a violation of liberty, if the alternative is the existence of a lower class that needs government support (which it is by the way).

              • Terrence Lewis
                Message 7 of 19 , Dec 14, 2006
                  If you stop welfare and other entitlement programs that help the poor,
                  elderly and sick, There will be a bloody revolution is a short while.

                  Message 8 of 19 , Dec 14, 2006
                    We do need to wrest power from the globalists, and not only their power over the government but their power within their own companies, especially vis a vis their employees.

                    Message 9 of 19 , Dec 14, 2006
                      Yes, the purpose of this government is supposed to be the betterment of
                      the people not the corporations.

                      On Thursday, Dec 14, 2006, at 21:43 America/Phoenix, Michael Bindner
                      wrote:

                      > We do need to wrest power from the globalists, and not only their
                      > power over the government but their power within their own companies,
                      > especially vis a vis their employees.
                      >
                      > Eric Reinhardt <ericreinhardt2003@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > That's what this group is all about spyderman. Most of the Founders
                      > would probably be rolling over in their graves if they saw the extent
                      > to which the federal government has grabbed power. I believe, along
                      > with some others here, that the bulk of the power should reside with
                      > the states(regions) and not in an isolated hamlet---Washington D.C.
                      > Both Ancient Rome and the FORMER Soviet Union were ruled from distant
                      > capitals. And we'll suffer the same fate if we don't wrest back power
                      > from the greedy globalists who've hijacked the federal level of
                      > government.
                      >
                      > --- In
                      > NationalConstitutionalConvention06@yahoogroups.com, "spyderman131"
                      > <spyderman131@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Hello, everybody I have been thinking that the US should return to
                      > > it's roots. We should run the country the way our founding fathers
                      > > wanted it to be ran.The GOVT is in our faces to much. Do you think we
                      > > should return to the old ways?
                      > >

                      > Michael Bindner
                      >
                      > The Site
                      > http://www.geocities.com/christianlibertarianparty/index.html
                      >
                      > The Group
                      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/christian_libertarian/
                      >
                      > The Blog
                      > http://xianlp.blogspot.com/

                      Terrence Lewis
                    • Eric Reinhardt
                      Message 10 of 19 , Dec 18, 2006
                        There might be plenty of open space, but there is definitely not an
                        unlimited supply of natural resources. In fact, this is one of the
                        main reasons that the Sierra Club is split down the middle with
                        respect to illegal immigration. Water is one of the main concerns. In
                        addition, illegal immigrants continue to put an enormous burden on
                        educational and hospital systems in many locales. We are talking
                        about quality of life here and I believe we need to preserve a good
                        quality of life in the U.S.

                      • Eric Reinhardt
                        Message 11 of 19 , Dec 18, 2006
                          I doubt very much that the states will drastically alter these
                          programs. They will always exist in one form or another.

                          Lewis <tlewis33@...> wrote:

                          > If you stop welfare and other entitlement programs that help the
                          poor,
                          > elderly and sick, There will be a bloody revolution is a short
                          while.

                          > On Thursday, Dec 14, 2006, at 11:30 America/Phoenix, spyderman131
                          wrote:

                          > > --- In NationalConstitutionalConvention06@yahoogroups.com, Michael
                          > > Bindner <christianlibertarianparty@> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > George Washington was the leader of the Federalist Counter
                          > > Revolution overturning the Articles. He also imposed whisky taxes
                          at
                          > > gunpoint.
                          > > >
                          > > > spyderman131 <spyderman131@> wrote: --- In
                          > > NationalConstitutionalConvention06@yahoogroups.com, Terrence

                          > > the
                          > > > federal

                          > > spyderman131

                          > > fathers
                          > > > think we

                          > > would
                          > > > have to say yes. When I look at the way the country is now to
                          the
                          > > way
                          > > > it should be I cry.Just think what would George Washington say
                          > > about
                          > > > the way Congress is being run and how the President acts.
                          > > >

                          > > > Michael Bindner
                          > > >

                          > > > The Site
                          > > > http://www.geocities.com/christianlibertarianparty/index.html
                          > > >
                          > > > The Group
                          > > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/christian_libertarian/
                          > > >
                          > > > The Blog
                          > > > http://xianlp.blogspot.com/
                          > > > I am just saying we need to limit the need of govt. I believe
                          stop
                          > > welfare and just stop all of the govt. hand outs. We also need to
                          > > stop helping everybody else and start help the US first and than
                          > > worry about the mid east and all the other crap.And Stop letting
                          > > immigrants come here we are full, There no more room.Close the
                          border
                          > > and stop handing out visas like candy. Stop letting people in for
                          > > about 10yrs and see how the country gets.
                          > >

                          > Terrence Lewis

                        • Eric Reinhardt
                          Message 12 of 19 , Dec 18, 2006
                            Absolutely Michael. And the way they exert so much control over these
                            corporations is through interlocking directories where many of
                            the "elites" sit on multiple boards---this is how they exert
                            comprehensive control over the economy. Many shareholders though,
                            particularly over the past decade, are wising up with respect to this.
                            Radio talk host Michael Savage frequently mentions this and it has
                            been the subject of some books in recent years.

                            --- In NationalConstitutionalConvention06@yahoogroups.com, Michael
                            Bindner <christianlibertarianparty@...> wrote:

                            > We do need to wrest power from the globalists, and not only their
                            power over the government but their power within their own companies,
                            especially vis a vis their employees.

                            > Eric Reinhardt <ericreinhardt2003@...> wrote: That's what
                            this group is all about spyderman. Most of the Founders
                            > would probably be rolling over in their graves if they saw the
                            extent
                            > to which the federal government has grabbed power. I believe, along
                            > with some others here, that the bulk of the power should reside
                            with
                            > the states(regions) and not in an isolated hamlet---Washington D.C.
                            > Both Ancient Rome and the FORMER Soviet Union were ruled from
                            distant
                            > capitals. And we'll suffer the same fate if we don't wrest back
                            power
                            > from the greedy globalists who've hijacked the federal level of
                            > government.
                            >
                            > --- In
                            > NationalConstitutionalConvention06@yahoogroups.com, "spyderman131"
                            > <spyderman131@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Hello, everybody I have been thinking that the US should return
                            > > it's roots. We should run the country the way our founding
                            fathers
                            > > wanted it to be ran.The GOVT is in our faces to much. Do you
                            think we
                            > > should return to the old ways?
                            > >

                            > Michael Bindner
                            >

                            > The Site
                            > http://www.geocities.com/christianlibertarianparty/index.html
                            >
                            > The Group
                            > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/christian_libertarian/
                            >
                            > The Blog
                            > http://xianlp.blogspot.com/

                          • Michael Bindner
                            Message 13 of 19 , Dec 18, 2006
                              There is plenty of water.  It might be a bit more expensive to desalt it then to simply filter out sewage, but there is hardly a planetary shortage, or even a domestic one.

                            • Michael Bindner
                              Message 14 of 19 , Dec 18, 2006
                                I hope to convert them into almost entirely employment based programs with faith based providers making people literate while they are salaried by an employer who pays benefits, including child care and a dependent allowance.  There is no need to hire public sector bureaucrats who unthinkingly enforce the rules.

                                Lewis <tlewis33@.. .> wrote:

                                > If you stop welfare and other entitlement programs that help the
                                poor,
                                > elderly and sick, There will be a bloody revolution is a short
                                while.

                                > On Thursday, Dec 14, 2006, at 11:30 America/Phoenix, spyderman131
                                wrote:

                                > > --- In NationalConstitutio nalConvention06@ yahoogroups. com, Michael
                                > > Bindner <christianlibertari anparty@> wrote:
                                > > >
                                > > > George Washington was the leader of the Federalist Counter
                                > > Revolution overturning the Articles. He also imposed whisky taxes
                                at
                                > > gunpoint.
                                > > >
                                > > > spyderman131 <spyderman131@ > wrote: --- In
                                > > NationalConstitutio nalConvention06@ yahoogroups. com, Terrence

                                > > the
                                > > > federal

                                > > spyderman131

                                > > fathers
                                > > > think we

                                > > would
                                > > > have to say yes. When I look at the way the country is now to
                                the
                                > > way
                                > > > it should be I cry.Just think what would George Washington say
                                > > about
                                > > > the way Congress is being run and how the President acts.
                                > > >

                                > > > Michael Bindner
                                > > >

                                > > > The Site
                                > > > http://www.geocitie s.com/christianl ibertarianparty/ index.html
                                > > >
                                > > > The Group
                                > > > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/christian_ libertarian/
                                > > >
                                > > > The Blog
                                > > > http://xianlp. blogspot. com/
                                > > > I am just saying we need to limit the need of govt. I believe
                                stop
                                > > welfare and just stop all of the govt. hand outs. We also need to
                                > > stop helping everybody else and start help the US first and than
                                > > worry about the mid east and all the other crap.And Stop letting
                                > > immigrants come here we are full, There no more room.Close the
                                border
                                > > and stop handing out visas like candy. Stop letting people in for
                                > > about 10yrs and see how the country gets.
                                > >

                                > Terrence Lewis

                              • Eric Reinhardt
                                Message 15 of 19 , Dec 19, 2006
                                  Experts in the field might disagree with you. I'll try to find some
                                  material on this. In fact, there are some who believe the next global
                                  war will be over water and not oil.

                                • Michael Bindner
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Dec 20, 2006
                                    The next global war will be about access to land and religion.

                                  • Eric Reinhardt
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Dec 20, 2006
                                      http://www.mideastnews.com/WaterWars.htm