Updated National Constitutional Convention Draft Letter

  • Eric Reinhardt
    Message 1 of 71 , Dec 6, 2006
      NATIONAL CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION PUSH NOW UNDERWAY!!
      Revised 6/6/05---major changes----proposed
      amendments for regional houses of representatives and senates(or unicameral legislatures) in addition to existing state legislatures, creation of regional defense departments as well as regional treasuries and the dismantling of those two departments in the District of Columbia. Also, making federal reserve district banks regional central banks.

         The following draft is in the process of being sent to state(not federal) representatives and senators throughout the nation. If you find yourself in general agreement, kindly forward to yours(faxes, office visits, and letters most effective)---constituents always receive top priority!! :)

         Greetings. Article V of the Constitution allows for a Constitutional Convention if 2/3 of the state legislatures vote to have one. All a Constitutional Convention does is propose amendments which are then sent back to the state legislatures(or state conventions) where 3/4 must sign off on them to become law.  An increasing number of individuals feel that the time has come for the calling of such a Convention due to the federal government's:

      1) FAILURE(both parties) to EFFECTIVELY
          PROSECUTE  the war on radical Islam,
          particularly abroad.
      2) FAILURE to uphold the Constitution and
          secure our borders from massive illegal
          immigration;
      3) FAILURE to formulate a national energy
          policy aimed at decreasing our dependence
          on foreign oil;
      4) FAILURE to address the issue of job
          outsourcing which has led to the
          deterioration of our  manurfacturing base in
           the U.S.;
      5) FAILURE to adequately administer thesocial
          security trust fund.

         Be that as it may, if such a Convention were to be called, the theme should be Returning Power to the States. The following amendments should be proposed, with the Bill of Rights being "off the table" as a prerequisite for a Convention. The aim here is to restructure government to better serve the people and the states, not eliminate freedoms:

      ----Abolishing the office of President, and in its
          place having 10 popularly elected regional
          presidents.
      ----Abolishing the House of Representatives
          and the Senate in the District of Columbia
          and creating REGIONAL Houses of
          Representatives and Senates(or unicameral
          legislatures) for 10 regional zones (FEMA
          model) in the United States.
      ----Dismantling the U.S. Treasury in the District
          of Columbia and creating
          REGIONAL  Treasuries(10)(This would
          include elimination of the federal income
          tax).
      ----Abolishing the Board of Governors of the
          Federal Reserve as well as the Federal
          Open  Market Committee(FOMC) and in
          their place, creating REGIONAL Boards of
          Governors(10) as well as Regional Open
          Market Committees(10) with federal reserve
          district banks becoming REGIONAL central
          banks with regional autonomy.
      ----Transferring Social Security tax payments to
          state trust funds as opposed to the
           federal  "trust fund."
      ----Returning all federal lands(including military
          bases) to the states and creating
          REGIONAL  defense departments. A NATO-
          type organization will be created to provide
          for the defense of the continent.
      ----Making the state supreme courts the final
          word in all state cases,
          with REGIONAL supreme courts deciding
          cases between states, and the federal
          supreme court deciding  cases between
          regions.

      The purpose of these amendments is to literally defund and restructure the federal government and transfer as much power as possible back to the states. The time has come for REGION-
      AL GOVERNMENT to take shape in the United States as this nation is simply too big and diverse to continue to be ruled from a hamlet called Washington D.C. FEMA by the way already has a plan on the books for regional government in the event the federal
      government should become non-functional in the event of some disaster (see http://www.ilikefema.com/?p=25  , scroll down, view map). Needless to say, many feel that the federal government has been non-functional for quite some time in many important areas affecting our nation's well-being and security.

      As envisioned, the Bill of Rights and current Constitution will form the basis of each regional government. Once the regions are created, secondary Conventions will then be held at the
      regional level(again with the Bill of Rights "off the table") to implement Constitutional Reforms IF DESIRED. The initial Convention will deal
      EXCLUSIVELY with the dismantlement and
      then reassemblement of the federal government at the regional level.
        In any event, my purpose here is to encourage you to support a bill calling for a national constitutional convention. To add a sense of urgency to the matter, consider the following executive orders that might be implemented in the event of an economic collapse, perhaps precipitated by escalating oil prices:

      E.O. 10990 Seizure of all modes of
              transportation and control of highways
              and seaports.
      E.O. 10995 Seizure of all communications
              media in the United States.
      E.O. 10997 Seizure of all electric power fuels
              and minerals, public and private.
      E.O. 10999 Seizure of all means of
              transportation, including personal cars,
              trucks or vehicles of any kind and total
              control of highways, seaports and
              waterways.
      E.O  11000 Seizure of all American people for
              work forces under FEDERAL supervision
              including the splitting of families if the
              government finds it necessary.
      E.O. 11001 Seizure of all health, education and
              welfare facilities, public and private.
      E.O  11002 Empowered the postmaster
              general to register all men, women and
              children in  the U.S.
      E.O. 11003 Seizure of all airports and aircraft.
      E.O. 11004 Seizure of all housing and finance
              authorities to establish Forced Relocation
              areas if deemed necessary.
      E.O. 11005 Seizure of all railroads, inland
               waterways and storage facilities,
               public and private.
      E.O. 11051 Empowers the Office of
               Emergency Planning and gives
               authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect IN TIMES OF INCREASED INTERNATIONAL TENSIONS AND ECONOMIC OR FINANCIAL CRISIS.
      E.O. 11310 Empowers the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison,  to control all aliens, TO OPERATE PENAL AND CORRECTIONAL  INSTITUTIONS, and to advise and assist the President.
      E.O. 11921 Empowers the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to  establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution, of energy  sources, wages, salaries, credit and the flow of money in U.S. financial institutions in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when a  state of emergency is declared by the President, Congress cannot review the action for six months.
      E.O. 12919 Signed June 3, 1994 by President Bill Clinton. Encompasses all the above  executive orders.

       Is this the future you envision for yourself and your children?
       My message is very simple . . . do unto the feds BEFORE they do unto you.
        Thank you for your time.

      Recommended Reading--

      Breach of Trust: How Washington D.C. Resists Reform and Makes Outsiders Insiders by Current Oklahoma Senator Dr. Tom Coburn

      Second Constitutional Convention---How the American People Can Take Back Their Government by Richard Labunsky

      Share this communication with your state(not federal) representatives and senators as well as your fellow citizens.

      PhotoMail - it's free and works with your Yahoo! Mail.

    • Eric R
      Message 71 of 71 , Aug 7, 2010
        I'll address your points as I have time, Dan. Thanks for the input.

        With respect to bypassing the states in favor of direct rule by the people due to the fact that the states are in essence controlled by the same special interests(banking, oil etc) that control the federal government, you raise a valid and interesting point. Although I concede this may be true in the majority of cases, the point is that we can also go to the other extreme which is what you and quite a few others seem to favor, and that is direct rule by the people. We've discussed this before and my position is that the bulk of the populace is not in my view sufficiently fit(both in terms of education and ethics/morals) to be governing either(our Founders felt this way too, and this is why they established a REPRESENTATIVE REPUBLIC). That said, almost all state constitutions have state constitutional convention provisions which can and should be utilized to reign in corrupt state governments. In addition, initiative and referendum measures can also be utilized.