Keys to Bringing About a National Constitutional Convention

  • Eric Reinhardt
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2006
      There are a number of keys to helping to bring about a National
      Constitutional Convention. Although it is important to get the
      citizenry behind the movement, the fact remains that it is the state
      legislators who are actually the ones who make a Convention happen.
      As such, they have to be the main focus in terms of
      lobbying/persuasion. Office visits and faxes are the most effective
      means of conveying one's message. In addition, I believe there are
      some states that are more preferable to focus on in terms of trying
      to bring about a Convention. 2/3 of the state legislatures must agree
      to have one---that's 34 states. I have decided to concentrate on those
      states that get back less in federal spending than what they pay in
      federal taxes---there is clear motivation for them here to buck the
      status quo. If you go to the site below, you can see how your state
      fares with respect to federal spending versus taxes paid.

      http://www.taxfoundation.org See right hand column with U.S. map.