Re: [NationalConstitutionalConvention06] Re: Re Constitutional Amendment IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

  • Michael Bindner
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 24, 2007
      I can't see that repealing the 17th amendment is a good idea as long as we have a national debt (either public or federally held) or even large contingent liabilities without a contingent revenue stream.  While there is still a debt, there must be some way to have the rich pay more than a proporationate share so that the debt can be paid off without economic collapse.  I gaurantee you that if you repeal the income tax without first paying off the debt the currency will be worthless (even if backed by gold).  Further, as long as there is the possibility that debt will be necessary for the conduct of war, there must be a progressive income tax in waiting to pay that debt off.  Only if we have regional government at home and abroad with all the regions in a single federation under a single executive (not directly elected), with a sovereign international legislature and a univeral free economy and society will we able to give up our military, or debt and our income tax.

      Of course, the good news is, when we do have those things we can give up our military, our debt and our income tax.

      Regional government can only result in two things: isolation or effective world government (starting with a NATO government combining the EU and US.  Not there yet.

      Eric Reinhardt <ericreinhardt2003@...> wrote:
      Repeal of the 17th amendment is an issue which resonates with a lot
      of individuals, myself included.

      --- In NationalConstitutio nalConvention06@ yahoogroups. com, jerry
      johnson <ifightit@.. .> wrote:

      > I ask that everyone contact their State Reps and Senators and ask
      them to Sponser in the upcoming sessions the following Natl.
      Constitutional Amendment. - Sec. 1 Repeal 17th amendment. Sec. 2 -
      Every State has One (1) Senator, serves at pleasure of State
      Legislature. Sec. 3 - All Federal Judges have a 3 year term. (Short
      Version) One State Legislature ratifying same will allow the State
      Legislatures to control the Fed. Government and actually run this
      Nation and solve nearly every political or government problem that
      this Nation faces.This approach bypasses the Congress, is
      constitutional and is possible. All it will take is for ONE State to
      start the ball rolling. If you disagree I ask you to read Article 5
      and the 9th Amendment with delibert care and attention and realize
      that there are no specifying or restrictive language in Article 5..
      Do not insert more meaning into any statement than is actually so
      written. Jerry Johnson

      > travis filiault <qrsmonkey@. ..> wrote: Hi Eric,
      > I have trouble downloading documents with this
      > computer, so I would greatly appreciate a hard copy of
      > the resolution.
      > My address is 9260 Pomfret Road, West Hartford, VT
      > 05084 and my proper name is Ravi Filiau.
      > Thanks for your efforts, and be in touch if you come
      > through this neck of the woods!
      >
      > .ravi.
      >
      > --- Eric Reinhardt <ericreinhardt2003@ ...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > As most state legislatures will be convening in
      > > January, and the
      > > deadline for introduced bills is within a short time
      > > of the opening
      > > session, I would appreciate if individuals here
      > > could once again
      > > contact their state representatives and senators
      > > asking them to
      > > introduce a bill which calls for the convening of a
      > > National
      > > Constitutional Convention. If anyone here would like
      > > me to send them a
      > > hard copy of the draft letter I am sending to state
      > > legislators
      > > nationwide, send me an email at
      > > ericreinhardt2003@ ... Give me
      > > your address and I'll send a copy of the draft
      > > letter off to you.
      > > Presently the President Pro Temp of the South
      > > Carolina Senate, Glenn
      > > McConnell is on record as supporting the calling of
      > > a Convention to
      > > deal with the illegal immigration issue. He also has
      > > the support of the
      > > Speaker of the South Carolina House.
      > >
      > > Thank you and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

      > http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs
      >

      > ------------ --------- --------- ---

    • Eric Reinhardt
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 24, 2007
        I heard a stat on the radio the other day that the top 20% of income
        earners pay 80% of the taxes. If that's true, the tax code really
        can't get any more progressive than that. I have my doubts though
        about the reliability of some of these statistics --- Warren Buffet
        even lamented that he pays a lower percentage of taxes than his
        secretary. The I.R.S. probably has the official percentages.

        --- In NationalConstitutionalConvention06@yahoogroups.com, Michael
        Bindner <christianlibertarianparty@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > > > contact their state representatives and senators
        > > > asking them to
        > > > introduce a bill which calls for the convening of a
        > > > National
        > > > Constitutional Convention. If anyone here would like
        > > > me to send them a
        > > > hard copy of the draft letter I am sending to state
        > > > legislators
        > > > nationwide, send me an email at
        > > > ericreinhardt2003@ Give me
        > > > your address and I'll send a copy of the draft
        > > > letter off to you.
        > > > Presently the President Pro Temp of the South
        > > > Carolina Senate, Glenn
        > > > McConnell is on record as supporting the calling of
        > > > a Convention to
        > > > deal with the illegal immigration issue. He also has
        > > > the support of the
        > > > Speaker of the South Carolina House.
        > > >
        > > > Thank you and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

      • Rich Martin
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 24, 2007
          I would sure like to believe this would be possible, but ever
          previous attempt fell flat. technizlly, the House is already
          inviolation of Article V for not calling a Convention. Virtually
          every state has called for one at one time or another. There is no
          time limit mandated, the founding Fathers left it open ended. Earlier
          this year, the courts decided Article V did not have to be called any
          way, Constitution not withstanding.

          Rich Martin

          --- In NationalConstitutionalConvention06@yahoogroups.com, "Eric

        • Michael Bindner
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 25, 2007
            They do.  The rich do pay 80% of the taxes and do pay more in dollar terms but not more in percentage terms.  Warren Buffet's secretary pays 30% or more, including social security.  Warren pays 15%.  However, she likely makes only 50K, while he makes 50M in a bad year.  You can do the rest of the math.  I downloaded the statistics a few years ago.

            Progressivity is not about the total amount paid but about the percentage of ones income paid.  The theory behind progressive income taxes is that the less well off will spend most of their money on basic necessities (food, clothing, shelter, transporations) while the rich will spend more on luxuries and save more.  Luxury spending will not necessarily find its way to the common producer and saving may or may not.  For instance, if saving takes the form of an investment in Couture or art, there is very little done for the economy.  Taxing this money and having the government spend it increases the size of the economy by keeping more money in circulation.  Higher aggregate demand than invites investment, since no investment manager will keep his job for long if he invests in infrastructure which is cheaper with lower investment costs unless their is consumption to buy the product created by that infrastructure.

          • Michael Bindner
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 25, 2007
              The only sure way to get a convention called is to elect people to office who will allow one to be called (and move us toward regional government as they do so).

            • Paul Bern
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 25, 2007
                You will find that I too have a lot of ideas on how our government can be returned to "we the people". While you're at it, please order a copy of my book "Middle Class Rebellion: How to Join the Second American Revolution. It's a great read, and it is a step-by=step guide oin how working Americans from all walks of life can take back our country from certain sinister foces within the federal governmnet who have hijacked our beloved US constitution. Thanks for your time.

                --- Eric Reinhardt <ericreinhardt2003@ yahoo.com>

                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 25, 2007
                  Agree with you there Michael. Thanks for chiming in Rick. Common
                  sense dictates that there is a time limit/statute of limitations with
                  respect to Convention applications and I believe it would be a
                  tremendous waste of time to dwell on past applications for the simple
                  reason that legal challenges would more than likely be raised and
                  would more than likely succeed in a court of law.. These past
                  applications were made by state legislatures that are no longer in
                  existence to Congresses(they are numbered) that are no longer in
                  existence. The best way to proceed is to get the PRESENT state
                  legislatures on board within one or two legislative cycles. And with
                  respect to the recent court decision, it was based on these past
                  applications.

                • Eric Reinhardt
                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 26, 2007
                    Good post Michael. I believe in a FAIR(not overly burdensome)
                    progressive tax. What bothers me about the Bush tax cuts is that
                    there is nothing that guarantees that this money will be utilized for
                    infrastructure(i.e. constructively investing in our national
                    economy). I think it would be a fair assessment to say that a good
                    deal of this money is being parked in offshore accounts where it is
                    benefitting this top tier of taxpayers.
                    You also raised good points about the debt. Both parties spend and
                    borrow like drunken sailors and there is a good deal of wasteful
                    spending. This is occurring at all levels of government. Here in my
                    area a utility just got 3/4 of a million bucks in state funds for a
                    water museum! Stuff like this HAS to stop.