Fw: Building the Next Generation of Activists

  • Eric Reinhardt
    Message 1 of 1 , May 13, 2013

      --- On Mon, 5/13/13, Occupy Wall St. <email@...> wrote:

      From: Occupy Wall St. <email@...>
      Subject: Building the Next Generation of Activists
      To: ericreinhardt2003@...
      Date: Monday, May 13, 2013, 7:05 AM

      Is this email not displaying correctly?
      View it in your browser.

      On Mayday we took to the streets in solidarity with workers and immigrants across the world. We brought our families with us, and they marched proudly with the 99% for economic justice so we can build a world rich with resources for all. As our movement gains momentum and reaches deeper into communities, we grow younger too! That’s why we created the Paul Robeson Freedom School, an independent, social justice-oriented program to train up-and-coming activists and we’re excited to announce that we’re launching our second year.
      The New York Times called it "Camp Occupy," but it’s far from a typical summer camp: students are immersed in culinary arts, urban farming, civil rights, dance and more to inspire their minds.
      With your support, we’ll be able to expand our program into the Church of St. Luke & St. Matthew - [remember the Occupy Sandy headquarters?] - and continue to build on our innovative curriculum and community-centered, project-based learning!
      And if you’re in NYC, join us for our big annual event on May 24th: The World is my Home - The Life of Paul Robeson," 8pm, at St. Ann & The Holy Trinity Church in Brooklyn Heights.

      All proceeds go towards the Paul Robeson Freedom School summer youth program!
      Together, we can train the next generation of Occupy leaders and ensure that our movement gets younger as Wall Street and the corporate elite get older.
      In Solidarity,
      Paul Robeson Freedom School and the Occupy Solidarity Network
      Like Building the Next Generation of Activists on Facebook
      Thank you for signing up on http://occupywallst.org