Fwd: The latest from FOAVC

  • Michael Bindner
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2007
      "Bill Walker, FOAVC co-founder" <foavc@...> wrote:
      From: "Bill Walker, FOAVC co-founder" <foavc@...>
      To: "Undisclosed" <foavc@...>
      Subject: The latest from FOAVC
      Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 20:32:00 -0700

      Dear Friends,

          Just wanted to take a few moments to let you what has been happening at FOAVC and to tell you about several exciting events that will coming soon.
          First, the FOAVC founders have been working on the rule of governance and by-laws for FOAVC and just about completed this important task. With this organizing effort which has been designated Phase I of FOAVC, we are now able to turn our attention to Phase II, the operational phase, that is, actually beginning the work we are all interested in: a convention.
          To that end, we will be establishing our first state chapter, most likely in the mid-west states within the next few months. We expect several other chapters to follow quickly. This is where the real work of FOAVC will be conducted. The founders feel that there are two methods to achieve a convention. (1) Working through Congress or (2) working through the state legislatures. Frankly we feel any effort aimed directly at Congress would be an entire waste of time and effort and feel the best chance at a convention is working through the states. More details will be announced as they develop.
          You will be seeing changes in the FOAVC website soon. Mr. Daniel Summars, FOAVC founder, has been hard at work developing a new site with several enhanced features. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank him personally for all his effort and work. These include a blog site, a discussion forum, enhanced security features for members, a founders site which enable FOAVC founders to conduct their business in a more efficient manner. Now this new site will be incorporated into our current site and hopefully the change will be seamless. The "old" FOAVC will always exist but the new site will add a dimension to FOAVC we think you will like.
          Coming soon is the new FOAVC t-shirt! For a small donation, you can have your own t-shirt with the FOAVC logo on it. We hope that all FOAVC members will wear our t-shirt to political events, rallies and so forth. We hope that people will see our logo and ask you about it giving people to talk about FOAVC and spread the word about us.
          Also coming soon is our new FAQ pages in which we try to answer as many questions as we can about the convention. Some of the answers may surprise you. We will let you know when they are posted on our site.
          We also wanted to let everyone know about a planned event for FOAVC. On Saturday, August 11, 2007 the Republican presidential straw poll will be held in Ames, Iowa. FOAVC has been invited to set up a table at this event. Members of the press from all over the United States will be in attendance. We hope that several FOAVC can be available to man the table during the event, answer questions about FOAVC, hand out informational material and attempt to boost membership. If you would be interested in volunteering for this event, please let us know. Other events like this will be announced and naturally, if any FOAVC member would like sponsor an event in their area, please let us know so we can let other FOAVC members know about it.
          Finally, we'd like to thank all of you for supporting FOAVC.

      Bill Walker
      FOAVC co-founder

    • Eric Reinhardt
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2007
        Thanks for the post Michael.Good news is always welcome these days.
        Think FOAVC's decision to seek a Convention via the state route is
        also the prudent course, as the federal government is largely
        responsible for the mess our nation is presently in on so many levels.

        --- In NationalConstitutionalConvention06@yahoogroups.com, Michael