Press Release: Little Lake Ossuary Uncovered in Midland, Ontario

  • Ishgooda
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2003
      The following release was received from Steve Catlin, archivist at the Martyr's Shrine who passed it along scant hours after the ossuary was uncovered by bulldozers preparing the grounds for construction.We give many thanks to Steve for this timely notice as we were able to get people to the site almost immediately to guard that these remains don't end up in the museum storage.
      Michelle Bedard and her son have been given authorization by the Anderdon Band chief, Steve Gronda, to act on the bands behalf in protection of our ancestors.
      She will be working in conjunction with the committee established of Elders from other First Nations in Ontario who are dedicated to the preservation of our historical sites and burials.

      May 30, 2003