Gathering Place News Special :Jean Larose Named as CEO of APTN

  • Ishgooda
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2002
      The board of Barefoot Connections and staff of Native News Online would like to add our congratulations and gratitude for all the work Jean LaRose has done to keep the people informed..
      Merci! Jiawenh! Miigwetch!
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Gathering Place First Nations Canadian News Special
      Nov 1, 2002
      <> <><><> <><><> <><><> <><><> <><><> <><>
      Editors Note : Gathering Place wishes to congratulate Jean LaRose and wish him much success in his new position .... And to thank him for all the work he has done to keep us all informed as Media Relations Officer and Comunications Director of AFN
      <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><>
      November 1, 2002

      NEW CEO NAMED AT APTN

      The Board of Directors of the Aboriginal Peoples Television Network (APN) has officially named a new Chief Operating Officer to the organization, effective November 18,2002. Jean LaRose, currently Director of Communications at the Assembly of First Nations (AFN), has accepted this new challenge.

      "We are extremely pleased that Jean LaRose has accepted the position. The selection follows a very intense and extensive process in which the Board met with highly qualified candidates from across Canada. However, we had to narrow our selection to one person and Jean LaRose was the choice of the Board. We are confident that he brings the knowledge, experience and attitude that are required at this point in APTN’s existence", stated Catherine Martin, Acting Chairperson Of the Board of Directors for APTN.

      Jean LaRose is an Abenaki citizen from the First Nation of Odanak in Quebec. He has worked for the AFN as Media Relations Officer and Communications Director for the last 8 years. He has also worked in various capacities for different federal government departments over the course of his career. He is currently living in Ottawa with his three children.

      "I’m quite pleased that I will have the opportunity to work with APTN. I was involved with the Advisory Committee that helped establish the station. Now, as APTN moves forward, I want to ensure that it is set to meet the challenges facing it and also reaches out to all of our audiences across this land and achieves the potential that we saw in this endeavour from day 1", said Jean LaRose.

      For additional information, contact Catherine Martin, Acting Chairperson of the Board, at (204) 479-3054
      <> <><><> <><><> <><><> <><><> <><><> <><>
      * This news letter is © And is the property of
      Gathering Place First Nations ,Canadian News
      Compiled by Sharon Green
      **Special Thanks to ©Sunhill Production for the photos that were used to make Gathering Place First Nations Canadian News logo
      *** If you would like our News and Special Reports sent out to you, your family , friends or to your list Please Ask....
      We would be more then happy to send it to anyone but
      Please Respect that this is someone's work and Ask......Contact me at <mailto:gatheringplace@...>gatheringplace@...
      Sharon
      on:en
      Gathering Place First Nations Canadian News
      <http://www.gatheringplacefirstnationscanews.com/>http://www.gatheringplacefirstnationscanews.com/
      Never befriend the oppressed
      unless you are prepared to
      take on the oppressor.
      (Author unknown)

      If your not living on the edge ...
      your taking up way too much space ...
      fr.my sistergirl Delsey

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
      [If you got here from frontpage Native News Online, click here to return: http://216.97.43.231/ ]
      COMMENTS?
      http://nativenewsonline.org/Guestbook/guestbook.cgi
      Escribe archives
      http://207.126.116.12/culture/native_news/
      Reprinted under the Fair Use http://nativenewsonline.org/fairuse.htm
      Tsonkwadiyonrat (We are ONE Spirit)
      http://nativenewsonline.org/
      Native News Online
      a Service of Barefoot Connection

      FREE LEONARD PELTIER!! "YOU ~ARE~ THE MESSAGE"