IMAGeNation 5th ANNUAL ABORIGINAL FILM AND VIDEO FESTIVAL

  • Lessard, George
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2002
      IMAGeNation 5th ANNUAL ABORIGINAL FILM AND VIDEO FESTIVAL

      November 7-10, 2002
      IMAGe-the Indigenous Media Arts Group presents the 5th annual
      IMAGeNation Aboriginal Film and Video Festival, November 7-10 in
      Vancouver, Canada.

      The festival promotes the works of First Nations media makers.
      IMAGe NATION supports the philosophy of cultural autonomy and self-
      representation through the practice of the media arts and dialogue.
      IMAG organizes traveling festivals, workshops, training, media
      literacy workshops and advocacy. The festival is organized by
      Arlene Bowman, Dana Claxton, and Cleo Reece.

      WANTED - - - ABORIGINAL FILMS AND VIDEOS OF ALL GENRES

      Deadline is August 31st. Our online form is available at our
      website <http://www.imag-nation.com> www.imag-nation.com. Check it
      out, this will give you an idea about what we do and what we have
      done in the past. Contact: Arlene Bowman, a programmer & Dineh
      film/videomaker. Sponsored by Canada Council, and IMAG. Opening
      Night at the Vancouver Aboriginal Friendship Centre, 1607 East
      Hastings Street. Screenings at the Vancouver East Cinema - 2290
      Commercial Drive, November 8, 9, 10

      $7.00 or pay as you can. Elders and children Free.

      For more information call 604-871-0173 or e mail us at:
      imag@... <mailto:imag@...>

      IMAGeNation Aboriginal Film and Video Festival 2002

      Schedule of Events:
      November 7 - Opening Night at the Vancouver Aboriginal Friendship
      Centre
      Nov. 8 - Reel Warriors Program, 7-12 p.m. VanEast Cinema, 2290
      Commercial Drive. A dynamic program featuring the strength and
      resilience of aboriginal people and communities.
      Nov. 9-10 - Two afternoons of shorts, documentaries and dramas
      including a youth and emerging artist category, VanEast Cinema.
      Saturday and Sunday evenings are devoted to the best in current
      aboriginal dramatic features.

      VanEast Cinema.
      Also "Voices from the Interior" - A special presentation of short
      works from the Ullus Collective, from the Okanagan Nation of the
      B.C. interior
      Other events during the festival include:
      Panel Discussion, Saturday November 9th, 2-5 p.m. - Vancouver
      Aboriginal Friendship Centre, 1607 East Hastings.
      Technological Medicine Wheel - A New Media Installation by ease
      Wyss - Video In Studios, 1965 Main Street.