Canada China FIPA appeal-Chief & Council decision‏

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 19, 2013
      From: Brenda Sayers
      Sent: September-19-13 12:13 AM
      Subject: Canada China FIPA appeal-Chief & Council decision�

      September 18, 2013
      This is a historical day for the people of Canada because Hupacasath Chief and Council made perhaps their biggest decision on record:
      To continue the pursuit of justice for all the people of Canada.
      Chief and Council will pursue an appeal of the decision handed down by the Chief Justice at the end of August with the following stipulation:
      The amount of $300,000 needs to be raised by September 26th, 2013. To date we have raised $37,000.00.
      As you are well aware, the Chief Justice assigned punitive court costs to Hupacasath First Nation. This is a rare demand by a federal court considering the legal challenge was a public interest case. Also, if we fail at the Court of Appeal, HFN will be held responsible for additional court costs.
      The $300,000 will cover Hupacasath�s legal fees plus current and potential penalties.
      Hupacasath is fighting for the constitutional rights and freedoms of all people of Canada. Our small nation of 300 members cannot absorb the penalties in this fight for justice.
      Colleagues of our legal team have weighed in and concur that First Nations should be consulted in the realm of international trade agreements. Without a doubt, these trade agreements will eventually affect First Nations� rights and title.
      What Hupacasath is championing along with our supporters is forging new territory with this legal challenge never before seen or heard in a court of law.
      Is this worth the fight? Yes, it is!
      Is it worth taking a chance for the sake of Canada? Yes, it is!
      So, let�s join together and tackle this seemingly big task of raising $300,000 in 10 days.
      When �We Stand Together,� all things are possible! We can do it!
      Sincerely,
      Brenda Sayers
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Di8Jvjm7qA&feature=youtube_gdata_player