Grand opening to be held for new Halalt gymnasium

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2013
      Grand opening to be held for new Halalt gymnasium
      Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 12:00 PM
      By Liz Craig
      Cowichan Valley

      http://hqcowichanvalley.com/home/local/news/v/Local/210385/Grand-opening-to-be-held-for-new-Halalt-gymnasium

      Halalt First Nation is celebrating the completion of a long-awaited facility this week.

      The new community gymnasium has its grand opening Friday.

      Project Manager, Lonnie Norris said this will be a big boost for their members, especially the young people.

      "It should be a huge impact on the youth, and hopefully we'll start attracting some new people into the community who can bring opportunities as well as motivation and some good energy to our members."

      The creation of the new gym has been in the works for the past 5 years, with construction spanning the past year.

      Norris says in the future they intend to expand on the space, but for now will be working to fill it with programs like summer camps, and speaker series.

      Doors Open 9:30, the event gets underway at 10 am.

      to RSVP phone: 250-246-4736 or email: lonnienorris50@... or brittany.ed.tremblett@...

      - See more at: http://hqcowichanvalley.com/home/local/news/v/Local/210385/Grand-opening-to-be-held-for-new-Halalt-gymnasium#sthash.1aey9ThH.dpuf