Idle No More - BC | For Immediate Release - June 12

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2013
      -------- Original message --------
      Subject: Idle No More - BC | For Immediate Release - June 12
      From: Daniel-L�o Richard <dlrichardinm@...>
      To: Daniel-L�o Richard <dlrichardinm@...>
      CC:

      A CALLOUT for stepped-up strategic non-violent direct-action from all Indigenous Peoples, Supporters, Settlers & Allies of Idle No More from the Territories in and around BC. The people will decide BC�s future.

      For Immediate Release: Idle No More � Territories in and around BC
      Daniel-L�o Richard; dlrichardinm@...<mailto:dlrichardinm@...> Steven Kakinoosit; skakinoosit@...<mailto:skakinoosit@...>

      (Idle No More � Territories in and around BC, June 10, 2013)
      An Indigenous led revolution is the last hope for Mother Earth. Corporate Interests abetted by political forces like Harper and Clark are very clear: weaken collective rights, environmental protection and to turn Canada into a Resource-Extraction state. This is a call-out for all to rise up not only warriors past - but all of us.

      Imagine peaceful, collective action in the defense of lives, lands, waters and creation of which nothing can match the power of; of which no society has seen before. As human beings, we have an inherent right to take action in the defense of all of us. It is time to stand up, dust ourselves off and do the task that is ahead of us.

      Take Action: Starting July 1st Idle No More - BC is calling for Escalating Strategic On-Going Non-Violent Direct Actions to stop all corporate activities which attack Indigenous sovereignty and their territories. Inspired by members of the Lheidli T�nneh Nation in Prince George, a small park, once the centre of a village, is now front and centre - to reclaim traditional territories through setting up camp and smoke houses.

      Statement from the territories in and around BC:
      "We were never conquered and have never surrendered the right to govern or be stewards of our traditional territories." Exercising Self-Determination and Sovereign Authority, Indigenous peoples stand in the defense of ALL of us facing an uncertain future. BC is on unceded territory and we encourage you to reach out to your local chiefs, hereditary leaders, elders and spiritual guides to establish actions based in Indigenous Law.

      The Harper government is moving quickly to pass the suite of legislation (C-45, C-428, S-2, S-6, S-8, S-212, C-27, the First Nation Education Act and FIPA) that undermines the treaties, our nation-to-nation relationship and Indigenous Sovereign Authority, which is the last stand to protect our lands.

      Guardian UK: "Indigenous Peoples and the decision of Canadians to stand alongside with them � will determine the fate of the planet.� Canadians we call on you to stand with us.

      Be mindful � political forces will try to divide and conquer us � like they have for centuries; pitting Indigenous vs. Indigenous, Indigenous vs. settlers and to infer the movement is violent.

      Through unity we can all stand tall and strengthen the essential relationship between Indigenous Nations and the people of Canada�protecting us all. Those who seek a sustainable future and wonder what we will leave behind for the generations to come�join this call to action. Nothing can match the power of peaceful, collective action in the defense of people and Mother Earth and this will create the great peace we seek.

      There is a spiritual energy stirring and a large awakening is on the horizon. The spirit in which Idle No More began was through the resurgence of Indigenous laws and it is only appropriate for the resurgence of all our spiritual and ceremonial practices - which are the foundations of all our Nations - to guide us into this transitioning period. The time for Unity and Solidarity is NOW. Our future generations are depending on us.

      Please stay tuned at the following links for key dates, tactics and strategies:
      Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/idlenomoreBC Twitter: @idlenomoreOKN
      Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/180888672074987/