The AFNQL strongly objects to the exploration and the exploitation of uranium

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2013
      From: my CNW
      To: Portfolio E-Mail
      Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:56 PM
      Subject: The AFNQL strongly objects to the exploration and the exploitation of uranium

      my CNW

      Assembly of First Nations of Quebec and Labrador

      Transmitted by CNW Group on : March 28, 2013 15:55

      The AFNQL strongly objects to the exploration and the exploitation of uranium
      WENDAKE, QC, March 28, 2013 /CNW Telbec/ - Assembled in the Abenaki community of Odanak on March 13 2013, the Chiefs of the AFNQL adopted a resolution which strongly and definitively opposes the exploration and exploitation of uranium.

      "The exploration and exploitation of uranium constitute major and irreversible health hazards to our populations, our territories and the resources it contains. The First Nations have the most sacred duty to protect their populations, their territories and their resources", stated Ghislain Picard, Chief of the AFNQL.

      "I also encourage all the First Nations to clearly and publicly demonstrate their opposition to the exploration and exploitation of uranium on their territories", concluded Chief Picard.

      The AFNQL supports the coalition of more than 300 localities throughout Quebec calling for a moratorium on the exploration and exploitation of uranium.

      About the AFNQL
      The AFNQL is the regional organization regrouping the 43 Chiefs of the First Nations of Quebec and Labrador. For information: www.apnql-afnql.com.

      SOURCE: ASSEMBLY OF FIRST NATIONS OF QUEBEC AND LABRADOR

      For further information:
      Mélanie Vincent
      Tel. : (418) 842-5020
      Cell : (418) 580-4442
      apnql@...

      Assembly of First Nations of Quebec and Labrador - More on this organization

      News Releases

      CNW Group Ltd is pleased to offer a personalized e-mail service providing you with news and information from Canada's foremost public and private companies, government agencies and non-profit organizations. This free service lets you select the companies you are most interested in tracking and delivers their news releases directly to your personal e-mail address.

      To manage or unsubscribe from this subscription please click here.