All Native Nk'maplqs Challenge Cup Hockey Tournament - March 29-31, 2013 - Vernon, BC

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2013
      From: nkmaplqschallengecup
      To: dbain@...
      Sent: Monday, March 04, 2013 12:59 PM
      Subject: All Native Nk'maplqs Challenge Cup Hockey Tournament - March 29-31, 2013 - Vernon, BC

      Attention: Don Bain, UBCIC

      Can you please forward of our upcoming All Native Hockey Tournament. Poster attached. More details on our website: http://nkmaplqschallengecup.wix.com/hockey1?ref=nf

      Appreciate your assistance.

      Sherry Louis & Glenda Louis
      On behalf of
      Nk'maplqs Challenge Cup Committee Member

      About the Nk�maplqs Challenge Cup 2013

      The 9th Annual All Native Nk�maplqs Hockey Challenge Cup 2013 is scheduled for March 29-31, 2013. We are pleased to be hosting 25+ native teams and 450 native players from across B.C. and Alberta. This is one of the largest hockey tournaments in B.C. and will give our community an excellent opportunity to showcase our hospitality, commerce, and prosperity to the entire province.

      It is with great pride that we will celebrate the specular history of this tournament. The initiative to organize a tournament to revitalize the game and tradition of an All Native Hockey Tournament in the interior of B.C. was the dream of the late Jay D. Louis; deceased 2006. The tournament committee members have dedicated their time to ensure each year the tournament is a success and continue Jay�s legacy.

      In 1973, the last Native Hockey Tournament was been held in Vernon, and the last local hockey tournament was hosted by Gleneden Eagles in1999. The first Nk�maplqs Challenge Cup All Native Tournament was held in 2005 and organized by late Jay D. Louis, Kevin Ned, Keith Louis and Brad Steel from Rec Excellence, with just 11 teams in Competitive and Recreation divisions.

      Nk�maplqs Challenge Cup has been working to help make our community a sports minded place to live, learn, work and play, as well to contribute to our youth. The tournament has become larger then a local area event; we now expanded our tournament to include teams throughout BC, Yukon and Western Provinces.

      Throughout the years, we advanced the tournament from a competitive level and far-reaching to recreational, masters, and possibly a women�s division. Many of the players and teams are returning competitors� to perform skill and camaraderie