Piscataway Indian Nation Welcomes Indigenous Chiefs to Washington, DC, for the Forward on Climate Rally

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15 1:56 PM
      From: Geraldine Thomas-Flurer [mailto:saikuzwoman@...]
      Sent: February-15-13 8:14 AM
      Subject: Fw: Piscataway Indian Nation Welcomes Indigenous Chiefs to Washington, DC, for the Forward on Climate Rally

      Hadih All; Yinka Dene Alliance is honored to be invited to Washington DC on Feb 17, 2013 to present and speak at a very large rally with all Nations, Peoples', regardless of color, race, rich or poor and share our request for the World to come to our aide; and support our efforts to stop Enbridge, oil pipelines, and Kinder Morgan to protect our southern brothers and sisters of Tsleil Waututh Nation.

      We are given this opportunity to outreach to the world our message of a tanker ban to our pristine British Columbia coasts, and to finally end the destructive expansion of the tarsands thereby protecting our precious watershed from the threat of an oil spill. The Yinka Dene Alliance will have an opportunity to speak through our representatives Jackie Thomas and supported by Chief Dolly Abraham at Washington DC on Feb 17, 2013, beginning noon. Please share with with all and press contacts. Your prayers are appreciated.

      ps: for the record I am not a chief, and Jackie Thomas is a immediate past Chief.
      Snachailya'

      Geraldine Thomas-Flurer
      Headwaters Initiatives Program/ Yinka Dene Alliance
      250 570 1482
      saikuzwoman@...<mailto:saikuzwoman@...>
      ________________________________
      From: "Casey-Lefkowitz, Susan"
      Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 05:24:59 +0000
      To: Geraldine Thomas-Flurer

      Piscataway Indian Nation Welcomes Indigenous Chiefs to Washington, DC, for the Forward on Climate Rally

      February 14, 2013

      Greetings Chief Abraham, Chief Flurer, Chief Thomas, and the Yinka Dene Alliance,

      On behalf of the Piscataway Indian Nation, I welcome you, all indigenous representatives, and all allies to our ancestral homeland on the Potomac River, a place now known as Washington, D.C.

      We are grateful for your steadfast courage and perseverance to dismantle this terrible assault on our Mother Earth - the Keystone XL Pipeline. We join you in calling upon President Obama to reject Tar Sands oil and to immediately desist from any further engagement with the Pipeline.

      Our ancestors entrusted us with the care of all our relations, keeping the balance of life so that the seventh generation can know this living Earth. These are our Original Instructions. Not man's law, but Creator's Law.

      May Mother Earth Endure Her Suffering,

      Chief Billy Redwing Tayac