TSLEIL-WAUTUTH NATION: INVITATION TO ATTEND THE SIGNING OF THE SAVE THE FRASER DECLARATION

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2012
      For your information

      From: Cheyenne Hood [mailto:chood@...]
      Sent: June-29-12 12:08 PM
      Subject: TSLEIL-WAUTUTH NATION: INVITATION TO ATTEND THE SIGNING OF THE SAVE THE FRASER DECLARATION

      Dear Chief & Council,

      The Tsleil-Waututh Nation is requesting your presence to celebrate an event of historic significance to our community. On Saturday, July 7th, 2012, Tsleil-Waututh will be celebrating our connection to Burrard Inlet and reaffirming our opposition to Kinder Morgan's proposed expansion. This celebration will culminate in a traditional signing ceremony and Coast Salish seafood feast, where the Nation will add our signature and support to the Save the Fraser Declaration.

      The Save the Fraser Declaration is a formal legal declaration, the creation of which was led by the Yinka Dene Alliance. The Declaration was launched to protect the world's most critical salmon rivers and the Pacific North Coast from the threat of oil spills posed by oil pipeline development and expansion. The Declaration has gained support from well over 100 First Nations, forming an unbroken chain of solidarity from the US border to the Arctic Ocean.

      We understand that it is a busy time, and that you may be unable to join us on July 7th. In the event that you cannot join us, we would like to arrange a time to meet you at your convenience to discuss your community's experience with Kinder Morgan's pipeline proposal. We look forward to discussing this important matter in more detail.

      Event Details

      Date: Saturday July 7, 2012
      Time: 6:30pm
      Location: Whey-ah-Wichen/Cates Park, 4000 block of Dollarton Highway, North Vancouver, BC.
      Please RSVP your intentions
      For more information please contact 604.924.4186.