Elijah Crow - The Silence of the Mind

  • witnessing_presence
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2010
      I would like to share an unknown mystic Elijah Crow - Silence of The Mind, have just finished translating his book

      Elijah Crow does not belong to any nonduality lineage or tradition, his is a personal expression and experience of nonduality.

      Read the whole book here

      http://www.scribd.com/doc/34607176/Elijah-Crow-The-Silence-of-the-Mind

      The Power of Emptiness

      The "void" or " psychological emptiness" is a strange
      phenomenon,
      It appears spontaneously, in the pause between two
      thoughts,
      As the old thought ends its course and disappears,
      Its end is the gate, natural silence ensues.

      Insist in being with it, as much as you can,
      The mind is completely silent, we are attentive – a clear
      consciousness,
      All meanings, boundaries disappear – us and the Infinite
      are "One";
      Practically, we have a new mind – always fresh.

      Being in the pause – I become infinite!
      It separates two worlds. I leave the limited world
      And enter Boundlessness, through total melting;
      The whole being is calm – a constant sparkle.

      There is no time, no space – just everlasting Eternity;
      I move in direct contact with life, in a permanent present.
      I am Pure Energy, without motivations,
      The simplicity of existence integrates us completely.

      We really encounter Life only through this "now",
      Free from the old, we are able to embrace the new.
      All this beauty vanishes, when another thought appears,
      It comes from the knowing mind – an old recording.

      Let it play its game, do not oppose any resistance,
      Encounter it as it is, without any purpose,
      It will certainly disappear, and "emptiness" ensues again,
      Another opportunity to encounter it practically.

      We find the real meaning of Life through this "void",
      It is a boundary line between the two worlds:
      On the one side the limited, where the "ego" is the
      master.
      On the other, the Infinite, where Love is the master.

      Emptiness also separates Light from the darkness,
      The permanent chaos through struggle, contradictions and
      conflicts,
      From the harmonious being, equilibrium and joy;
      The whole egocentrism perishes, by encountering the
      void.

      Peace, divine order becomes our nature
      It changes our way of being, without effort or will,
      Only through this psychological void, we become honest
      and humane,
      The Purity of the Energy – makes titans out of pigmies .

      Let this "psychological emptiness" be your guide,
      In everything you encounter on your spiritual path.
      If it is not the starting point, we easily get deceived,
      Only through emptiness – we become Love!
    • freedom@ozmac.org
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 6, 2010
        That is wonderful! I have often said "reality is the interval between two thoughts" for sometime now. Who was Elijah Crow and what was his language? I clicked on the link and scanned through it - but there doesn't seem to be anything about him.

        That is a great poem - and if that is a translation you did an excellent job!

        Moderator: I don't seem to be getting any mail from this list anymore - can you reactivate it if the list manager has stopped sending it because of bounces please?
      • freedom
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 6, 2010
          moderator: ignore my previous message - I fixed it :)