Re: [Nasrudin] Oh really.........

  • yosyflug@isdn.net.il
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 2, 2009
      Date: Thu Jul 2 11:58:49 IDT 2009
      From: ross thomas <rossbyjove@...>
      Subject: [Nasrudin] Oh really.........
      To: <nasrudin@yahoogroups.com>

      I asked a perfectly valid question in response to your post and
      all you can do is respond with insults and childish putdowns and
      more of your 'egoless' 'poetry'

      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      hahaha "speak to each according to their understanding" (well
      known utterance of the prophet muhamad, 'hadith al kuds').

      following this dictum, the reply was worded according to the
      mentality and understanding of the questioner.

      no further comment necessary.

      yosy

      nnb
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

      .Is the word of yosy to be taken as gospel , inviolate and
      beyond criticism?Why is your ego so fragile, why are you so
      scared?You seem to have more in common with an Iranian mullah
      than with the mullah Nassrudin!
      yours in worried compassion ROSS take care now.
      To: Nasrudin@yahoogroups.com
      From: yosyflug@...
      Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 02:02:30 +0300
      Subject: Re: [Nasrudin] same old story...over and over and over

      Date: Mon 29 Jun 15:54:29 IDT 2009

      From: ross thomas <rossbyjove@...>

      Subject: [Nasrudin] same old story...over and over and over

      To: <nasrudin@yahoogroups.com>

      why the prehistoric ramblings of a bunch of obscure nomadic goat

      herders who practised genital mutilation and were shit scared of

      thunder are considered worthy of attention in the 21st centuryis

      just ????????????? If Abraham were alive today he would be seen

      as a paranoid schizo and in a secure ward.'It was a burning bush

      wot spoke to me officer and God told me to do it!'

      hahahaha there is indeed nothing new under the sun...

      stupid assholes like you, ignorant of their true

      nature and scared shitless of creations of their fancy,

      of their own shadows, remain so also in 21st century,

      scorning "others"...

      BOOM!

      yosy
    • Frank Vriale
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 2, 2009
        I remember when this group would exchange funny learning stories.
        So, what is this the Ross and Yosy doing their verbal slapstick routine?
        If your intention is to hurt one another, grow up.
        If on the other hand it is only me being slightly amused, so be it. Or
        is it both?
        Any way keep up the Punch and Judy routine if you really gain by it.

        The lines that follow where sent to me by a Sufi friend.

        Regards

        A Majid

        *You think English is easy??? *

        *Read to the end . . . a new twist *

        1) The bandage was *_ wound _ *around the *_ wound. _*

        2) The farm was used to *_ produce produce _*.

        3) The dump was so full that it had to *_ refuse _* more *_ refuse _*.

        4) We must *_polish _* the *_ Polish _*furniture.

        5) He could *_ lead _* if he would get the *_lead _* out.

        6) The soldier decided to *_desert _* his dessert in the *_desert. _*

        7) Since there is no time like the *_present _*, he thought it was
        time to *_ present _* the *_ present _ . *

        8) A *_ bass _* was painted on the head of the *_ bass _*drum.

        9) When shot at, the *_ dove dove _* into the bushes.

        10) I did not *_ object _* to the *_ object. _*

        11) The insurance was *_ invalid _* for the *_ invalid. _*

        12) There was a *_ row _* among the oarsmen about how to *_row _*

        13) They were too *_close _* to the door to *_ close _* it.

        14) The buck *_ does _ *funny things when the *_ does _* are present.

        15) A seamstress and a *_ sewer _* fell down into a *_ sewer _* line.

        16) To help with planting, the farmer taught his *_ sow _* to * _sow. _*

        17) The *_ wind _* was too strong to *_ wind _* the sail.

        18) Upon seeing the *_ tear _* in the painting I shed a *_ tear. _*

        19) I had to *_subject _* the *_ subject _* to a series of tests.

        20) How can I *_ intimate _*this to my most *_ intimate _* friend?

        Let's face it - English is a crazy language. There is no egg in
        eggplant, nor ham in hamburger; neither apple nor pine in pineapple.
        English muffins weren't invented in England or French fries in France .
        Sweetmeats are candies while sweetbreads, which aren't sweet, are meat.
        We take English for granted. But if we explore its paradoxes, we find
        that quicksand can work slowly, boxing rings are square and a guinea pig
        is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig.

        And why is it that writers write but fingers don't fing, grocers don't
        groce and hammers don't ham? If the plural of tooth is teeth, why isn't
        the plural of booth, beeth? One goose, 2 geese. So one moose, 2 meese?
        One index, 2 indices? Doesn't it seem crazy that you can make amends
        but not one amend? If you have a bunch of odds and ends and get rid of
        all but one of them, what do you call it?

        If teachers taught, why didn't preachers praught? If a vegetarian eats
        vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat? Sometimes I think all the
        English speakers should be committed to an asylum for the verbally
        insane. In what language do people recite at a play and play at a
        recital? Ship by truck and send cargo by ship? Have noses that run and
        feet that smell?

        How can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same, while a wise man and
        a wise guy are opposites? You have to marvel at the unique lunacy of a
        language in which your house can burn up as it burns down, in which you
        fill in a form by filling it out and in which, an alarm goes off by
        going on.

        English was invented by people, not computers, and it reflects the
        creativity of the human race, which, of course, is not a race at all.
        That is why, when the stars are out, they are visible, but when the
        lights are out, they are invisible.

        PS. - Why doesn't 'Buick' rhyme with 'quick' ?

        *You lovers of the English language might enjoy this. *

        *There is a two-letter word that perhaps has more meanings than any
        other two-letter word, and that is *_'UP.' _

        *It's easy to understand *_ UP _, meaning toward the sky or at

        the top of the list, but when we awaken in the morning, why do we wake
        _UP_? At a meeting, why does a topic come _ UP _ ? Why do we speak
        _UP _and why are the officers _ UP _ for election and why is it _UP
        _ to the secretary to write _ __UP _ a repo rt ?

        We call _ UP _ our friends. And we use it to brighten _ UP _ a room,
        polish _ UP _ the silver; we warm _UP _ the leftovers and clean
        _UP _ the kitchen. We lock _ UP _ the house and some guys fix _ UP
        _ the old car. At other times the little word has real special
        meaning. People stir _UP __ _trouble, line _ UP _ for tickets,
        work _ UP _ an appetite, and think UP excuses. To be dressed is one
        thing, but to be dressed _UP_ is special.

        And this _ UP _ is confusing: A drain must be opened _ UP _ because
        it is stopped _UP_. We open _ UP _ a store in the morning but we
        close it _UP _ at night.

        *We seem to be pretty mixed *_UP _ about _UP_!

        To be knowledgeable about the proper uses of _UP_, look the word _UP_
        in the dictionary. In a desk-sized dictionary, it takes _UP __ _
        almost 1/4th of the page and can add _ UP _ to about thirty
        definitions. If you are _UP _ to it, you might try building _ _

        _UP _ a list of the many ways _UP _ is used. It will take _ UP _ a
        lot of your time, but if you don't give _UP_, you may wind _ UP _
        with a hundred or more. When it threatens to rain, we say it is
        clouding _UP _ .. When the sun comes out we say it is clearing _
        __UP _.

        *When it rains, it wets the earth and often messes things *_UP _.

        *When it doesn't rain for awhile, things dry * _UP _.

        *One could go on and on, but I'll wrap it *_UP _, *for now my time is
        *_UP _, *so...*

        *it is time to shut *_UP _!

        *Oh . . .. one more thing: *

        *What is the first thing you do in the morning & the last thing you do
        at night? *_U-P_
      • yosyx
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 2, 2009
          --- In Nasrudin@yahoogroups.com, Frank Vriale <fvillage@...> wrote:

          > I remember when this group would exchange funny learning stories.

          :) wow! someone is awake! long time, frank!

          > So, what is this the Ross and Yosy doing their verbal slapstick routine?
          > If your intention is to hurt one another, grow up.

          well, no intent. here at least...

          Abandoning intent

          Right intent
          Is no intent.
          When all is perfect, whole,
          Just as it should be –
          Only gratitude
          Remains.
          What intent can arise?
          Can any purpose spring up
          And be
          In the absence
          Of
          'Me'?

          > If on the other hand it is only me being slightly amused, so be it. Or
          > is it both?

          :) its neither...

          > Any way keep up the Punch and Judy routine if you really gain by it.

          hehehe as all my friends know, the furthest
          future plan i have is taking the next breath...
          this happens to be the only rutine, too.

> [...]
          > in the dictionary. In a desk-sized dictionary, it takes _UP __ _
          > almost 1/4th of the page and can add _ UP _ to about thirty
          > definitions. If you are _UP _ to it, you might try building _ _
          >
          > _UP _ a list of the many ways _UP _ is used. It will take _ UP _ a
          > lot of your time, but if you don't give _UP_, you may wind _ UP _
          > with a hundred or more. When it threatens to rain, we say it is
          > clouding _UP _ .. When the sun comes out we say it is clearing _
          > __UP _.
          >
          > *When it rains, it wets the earth and often messes things *_UP _.
          >
          > *When it doesn't rain for awhile, things dry * _UP _.
          >
          > *One could go on and on, but I'll wrap it *_UP _, *for now my time is
          > *_UP _, *so...*
          >
          > *it is time to shut *_UP _!
          >
          > *Oh . . .. one more thing: *
          >
          > *What is the first thing you do in the morning & the last thing you do

          :) excellent. thank you, frank.

          yosy

          ps. hey, heard any good stories? friends? anyone?
          or jokes?
        • Mark Pelkey
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 4, 2009
            Great READ, glad I READ it. After I fix UP my car I'll back UP out of my garage and drive UP to my office so I can back UP my files with this UPdated version.
            NO one could KNOW who KNEW the NEW lexicon would be so complex.

            BTW Yosy and Ross are the same person

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 12, 2009
              --- In Nasrudin@yahoogroups.com, Mark Pelkey <pelkey4u@...> wrote:

              > BTW Yosy and Ross are the same person

              Yes. You're right, of course, they are the same person but you'll never get them to admit it.

              Zoe
            • Zoe Grace
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 12, 2009
                --- In Nasrudin@yahoogroups.com, ross thomas <rossbyjove@...> wrote:

                > WELL Mark I hope you are WELL, MARK my words MARK yosy and me aint the same person,

                Told you so. ;)

                Zoe
              • Zoe Grace
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 12, 2009
                  --- In Nasrudin@yahoogroups.com, ross thomas <rossbyjove@...> wrote:

                  > And there I was thinking you were Yosys feminine side!

                  Oh no, Yosy is MY feminine side!:P