Re: Discerning a difference

  • Fariz Uvais
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2000
      An apprentice at the Mulla's bakery observed that Nasrudin would always bake
      two lots of bread. After some time, he asked why this was so, and the Mulla
      replied, "you don't really expect that I give the same loaf of bread to the
      hungry man as I give the greedy one do you?"

      ... "how can you tell to give the correct loaf to the correct person?"
      inquired the apprentice further. "I don't, but the loaf invariably selects
      the correct customer," replied the Mulla.

      "Oh! And how is that so?" continued the apprentice...

      Any guesses???
    • Tom Phillips
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2000
        --- Fariz Uvais <fariz@...>
        wrote:
        > From: "Fariz Uvais"
        > <fariz@...>
        >

        > An apprentice at the Mulla's bakery observed that
        > Nasrudin would always bake
        > two lots of bread. After some time, he asked why
        > this was so, and the Mulla
        > replied, "you don't really expect that I give the
        > same loaf of bread to the
        > hungry man as I give the greedy one do you?"
        >

        > ... "how can you tell to give the correct loaf to
        > the correct person?"
        > inquired the apprentice further. "I don't, but the
        > loaf invariably selects
        > the correct customer," replied the Mulla.
        >

        > "Oh! And how is that so?" continued the
        > apprentice...
        >

        > Any guesses???

        Because the loaves knows the needs not the wants of
        each customer.

        >Cheers
        Tom Phillips

        =====
        tp@... (h) bozoxpreme@... (w) Bear Creek M.S./Creekside H.S. 770-961-7221

        "Lack of brains hinders research"
        The Columbus Dispatch, April 1
        http://im.yahoo.com
      • Tom Phillips
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2000
          --- Fariz Uvais <fariz@...>
          wrote:
          > From: "Fariz Uvais"
          > <fariz@...>
          >

          > An apprentice at the Mulla's bakery observed that
          > Nasrudin would always bake
          > two lots of bread. After some time, he asked why
          > this was so, and the Mulla
          > replied, "you don't really expect that I give the
          > same loaf of bread to the
          > hungry man as I give the greedy one do you?"
          >

          > ... "how can you tell to give the correct loaf to
          > the correct person?"
          > inquired the apprentice further. "I don't, but the
          > loaf invariably selects
          > the correct customer," replied the Mulla.
          >

          > "Oh! And how is that so?" continued the
          > apprentice...
          >

          > Any guesses???

          Because the loaves knows the needs not the wants of
          each customer.

          >Cheers
          Tom Phillips

          =====

        • jvarty@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 12, 2000
            --- In Nasrudin_Study@onelist.com, "Fariz Uvais" <fariz@n...> wrote:

            > An apprentice at the Mulla's bakery observed that Nasrudin would
            always bake
            > two lots of bread. After some time, he asked why this was so, and
            the Mulla
            > replied, "you don't really expect that I give the same loaf of
            bread to the
            > hungry man as I give the greedy one do you?"
            >

            > ... "how can you tell to give the correct loaf to the correct
            person?"
            > inquired the apprentice further. "I don't, but the loaf invariably
            selects
            > the correct customer," replied the Mulla.

            As the people of the world work with the external factors the hungry
            man will select the laof by weight and the greed man by its size.

            Man is often controlled by primitive instincts rather than reason or
            any understanding of value.

            These characters represent aspects of the commanding self.