where are you?

  • yosyx
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 24, 2009
      :) hey, friends, anybody here? or you have all moved to another village? i wonder... anyway, best wishes to all. i stay.

      yosy

      At one point in his life, the entire population of his village had had enough of the pleasantries and confusions of Mulla Nasrudin.
      They all went to the magistrate, and he gave a ruling.
      "Nasrudin, by the will of the people I have to delare that you must leave the village."
      "Are they unanimous?" asked the Mulla.
      "Yes, I am afraid so."
      "Then I refuse to go. There are plenty of them--and only one of me. If they don't like the village as it is, they can leave and build another one. But I, a single individual, how can I even start to build one small house for myself elsewhere?"

      as collected by Idries Shah
    • Barry Stock
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 24, 2009
        What is this "other village" you speak of?

        -bs

        On Jun 24, 2009, at 5:51 PM, yosyx wrote:

        > :) hey, friends, anybody here? or you have all moved to another
        > village? i wonder... anyway, best wishes to all. i stay.
        >
        > yosy
        >
        > At one point in his life, the entire population of his village had
        > had enough of the pleasantries and confusions of Mulla Nasrudin.
        > They all went to the magistrate, and he gave a ruling.
        > "Nasrudin, by the will of the people I have to delare that you must
        > leave the village."
        > "Are they unanimous?" asked the Mulla.
        > "Yes, I am afraid so."
        > "Then I refuse to go. There are plenty of them--and only one of me.
        > If they don't like the village as it is, they can leave and build
        > another one. But I, a single individual, how can I even start to
        > build one small house for myself elsewhere?"
        >
        > as collected by Idries Shah

      • yosyx
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 24, 2009
          --- In Nasrudin@yahoogroups.com, Barry Stock <barry@...> wrote:

          > What is this "other village" you speak of?
          >
          > -bs

          :) well, barry, i have no idea... i heard about
          "there", but whenever i reached it i found it is
          always here too. so, here i stay, for the time being.

          how are you? long time...

          heard a good joke lately? anyone?

          enjoy,
          yosy

          > On Jun 24, 2009, at 5:51 PM, yosyx wrote:
          >

          > > :) hey, friends, anybody here? or you have all moved to another
          > > village? i wonder... anyway, best wishes to all. i stay.
          > >
          > > yosy
          > >
          > > At one point in his life, the entire population of his village had
          > > had enough of the pleasantries and confusions of Mulla Nasrudin.
          > > They all went to the magistrate, and he gave a ruling.
          > > "Nasrudin, by the will of the people I have to delare that you must
          > > leave the village."
          > > "Are they unanimous?" asked the Mulla.
          > > "Yes, I am afraid so."
          > > "Then I refuse to go. There are plenty of them--and only one of me.
          > > If they don't like the village as it is, they can leave and build
          > > another one. But I, a single individual, how can I even start to
          > > build one small house for myself elsewhere?"
          > >
          > > as collected by Idries Shah

        • Barry Stock
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 24, 2009
            Well, yes.

            But our friend is missing from it, and it is inflammatory. Since it's
            just the two of us:

            Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad calls President Obama and tells
            him,
            "Barack, I had a wonderful dream last night. I could see America , the
            whole beautiful country, and on each house I saw a banner..

            "What did it say on the banners?" Obama asks.

            Mohamed replies, "UNITED STATES OF IRAN."

            Obama says, "You know, Mahmoud, I am really happy you called, because
            believe it or not, last night I had a similar dream.

            I could see all of Tehran , and it was more beautiful than ever, and
            on each house flew an enormous banner."
            "What did it say on the banners?" Mahmoud asks..
            Obama replies, "I don't know. I can't read Hebrew."

            Yosy, I got this from one of your tribe. They are all over here, I
            can't get away. I am surrounded. They tell good jokes.

            -bs

            On Jun 24, 2009, at 9:43 PM, yosyx wrote:

            > --- In Nasrudin@yahoogroups.com, Barry Stock <barry@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > What is this "other village" you speak of?
            > >
            > > -bs
            > >

            > :) well, barry, i have no idea... i heard about
            > "there", but whenever i reached it i found it is
            > always here too. so, here i stay, for the time being.
            >
            > how are you? long time...
            >
            > heard a good joke lately? anyone?
            >
            > enjoy,
            > yosy
            >

            > > On Jun 24, 2009, at 5:51 PM, yosyx wrote:
            > >

            > > > :) hey, friends, anybody here? or you have all moved to another
            > > > village? i wonder... anyway, best wishes to all. i stay.
            > > >
            > > > yosy
            > > >
            > > > At one point in his life, the entire population of his village had
            > > > had enough of the pleasantries and confusions of Mulla Nasrudin.
            > > > They all went to the magistrate, and he gave a ruling.
            > > > "Nasrudin, by the will of the people I have to delare that you
            > must
            > > > leave the village."
            > > > "Are they unanimous?" asked the Mulla.
            > > > "Yes, I am afraid so."
            > > > "Then I refuse to go. There are plenty of them--and only one of
            > me.
            > > > If they don't like the village as it is, they can leave and build
            > > > another one. But I, a single individual, how can I even start to
            > > > build one small house for myself elsewhere?"
            > > >
            > > > as collected by Idries Shah

          • Barry Stock
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 24, 2009
              No doubt!

              -bs

              > they deserve each other, no doubt.

            • Yosy Flug
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 24, 2009
                Barry Stock wrote:

                > Well, yes.
                >
                > But our friend is missing from it, and it is inflammatory. Since it's
                > just the two of us:
                >
                > Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad calls President Obama and tells
                > him,
                > "Barack, I had a wonderful dream last night. I could see America , the
                > whole beautiful country, and on each house I saw a banner..
                >
                > "What did it say on the banners?" Obama asks.
                >
                > Mohamed replies, "UNITED STATES OF IRAN."
                >
                > Obama says, "You know, Mahmoud, I am really happy you called, because
                > believe it or not, last night I had a similar dream.
                >
                > I could see all of Tehran , and it was more beautiful than ever, and
                > on each house flew an enormous banner."
                > "What did it say on the banners?" Mahmoud asks..
                > Obama replies, "I don't know. I can't read Hebrew."

                hehehe not bad variation on an old theme... thanks!

                > Yosy, I got this from one of your tribe. They are all over here, I
                > can't get away. I am surrounded. They tell good jokes.
                >
                > -bs

                well, with all the apparent finesse, this is the lowest kind of humor.
                merely a crude attempt to conquer fear from "enemies"...

                "nasrudin, what about 'us' and 'them'?"
                "very simple we the friends are those
                that know that 'they' are also us".

                yosy

                ps. my tribe, the one tracing itself back to adam, is
                called simply humanity... the middle eastern branches
                (jews amd arabs) are in locked a family misunderstanding
                for generations, silly assholes... i stay out of their mess.