Re: a wife's tale

  • gatholoyo
    Message 1 of 8 , May 13 5:32 AM
      --- In Nasrudin@yahoogroups.com, "JS" <jamst@...> wrote:

      > maybe I am missing something, but I don't find hitting women to be a
      very funny or appropriate topic. Can someone explain what is so funny
      about this story because I don't understand it.

      Neither do I, nothing funny at all.

      vengeance, saying: "Father, you owe my husband affront for
      > affront."
      > The Mulla asked: "On which cheek did you receive the blow?"
      > "On the left cheek", whereupon the Mulla slapped her right cheek and
      said: "Now
      > you are satisfied. Go tell your husband that he boxed my daughter's
      ear, and that I have accordingly boxed his wife's."

    • John O Meyer
      Message 2 of 8 , May 14 11:14 AM
        The Mullah's daughter wanted "vengeance." She sought such vengeance with the help of her father. "He hit my daughter. I'll enact revenge by hitting his wife. There. Everything balanced." The lesson could be that those seeking revenge hurt themselves. Hitting women per se is not the essence of the story. The unexpected consequences of the passion of vengeance is not less pain and suffering but more. Women (and men) need to get beyond the victim mentality.

        --- In Nasrudin@yahoogroups.com, "gatholoyo" <gatholoyo@...> wrote:

        > --- In Nasrudin@yahoogroups.com, "JS" <jamst@> wrote:
        > >
        > > maybe I am missing something, but I don't find hitting women to be a
        > very funny or appropriate topic. Can someone explain what is so funny
        > about this story because I don't understand it.
        >
        > Neither do I, nothing funny at all.

      • zora
        Message 3 of 8 , May 14 4:19 PM
          Thanks John,(or Henry?) for your comment..
          It is interesting that similar understanding about it I heard in discussion with one my friend...
          greetings
          zora

          The Mullah's daughter wanted "vengeance." She sought such vengeance with the help of her father. "He hit my daughter. I'll enact revenge by hitting his wife. There. Everything balanced." The lesson could be that those seeking revenge hurt themselves. Hitting women per se is not the essence of the story. The unexpected consequences of the passion of vengeance is not less pain and suffering but more. Women (and men) need to get beyond the victim mentality.

          --- In Nasrudin@yahoogroup s.com, "gatholoyo" <gatholoyo@. ..> wrote:

          > --- In Nasrudin@yahoogroup s.com, "JS" <jamst@> wrote:

          > > maybe I am missing something, but I don't find hitting women to be a

          > very funny or appropriate topic. Can someone explain what is so funny

          > about this story because I don't understand it.

          > Neither do I, nothing funny at all.

        • yosyx
          Message 4 of 8 , May 20 3:42 PM
            --- In Nasrudin@yahoogroups.com, zora <onitamo@...> wrote:

            > Thanks John,(or Henry?) for your comment..
            > It is interesting that similar understanding about it I heard in discussion with one my friend...
            > greetings
            > zora

            :) well, this reminds me another nasrudin's tale...

            (written some years ago for the serious advaita
            ["nonduality"] adepts...)

            nasrudin participated in a wrestling contest.
            due to his agility and speed, he succeeded in
            getting to the finals. in the final bout he was
            matched against a huge and powerful pro.
            the guy got him caught and held in an impossibly
            contorted position, and the situation of nasrudin
            seemed hopeless. then, all of a sudden, to
            everybody's surprise, in an unbelievable bust of
            energy nasrudin released himself from the hold,
            and vanquished his surprised opponent.
            he was declared a winner.

            later that evening a close friend asked him how he
            did it. "well,"said nasrudin, "i gave up all hope...
            then i saw in front of me pair of hairy balls.
            forgetting all about fair play, i bit with all my
            strength...

            you have no idea how much energy a man gets when he
            bites his own balls."

            @}->,->--
            yosy

          • ross thomas
            Message 5 of 8 , May 21 10:00 AM
              An oldie but a goldie.....love.....(laugh out very exhuberantly).........Luv 'n' peas ROSS