The Red Carpet

  • Zoe Grace
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2009
      Nasrudin became unexpectedly rich and famous and was invited to move into the Emir's palace. He was driven there in great style and he got out to find a red carpet stretching before him, all the way through the gates and up the steps to the palace. He stepped out on to the carpet and began the slow, dignified walk to the palace. Looking behind him he saw two footmen who - as per tradition - were walking behind him, rolling the carpet up as they did so. "Don't do that!" said the Mulla "When I get there and they realise I'm a fraud I'll have to walk all the way back!"