Re: a haiku? / barry

  • yosyx
    Message 1 of 14 , May 7, 2008
      --- In Nasrudin@yahoogroups.com, Barry Stock <barry@...> wrote:

      > No, they weren't imitating him, they were channeling him,
      > unintentionally...of course!
      >
      > It sounds a lot like something from Beckett. He understood
      absurdity,
      > and could conjure up just this kind of interchange.
      >
      > -bs

      right. old sam could probably do that. indeed.

      hey, barry, how about a story? or a joke,
      even an old -but good - one? muhannad,
      lob, friends, anybody... anyone still around?

      yosy

      ps. :) having met max in person last week,
      i am sure at least some of you are real,
      amigos... are you?

      > On Apr 27, 2008, at 6:05 AM, yosyx wrote:
      >
      > > --- In Nasrudin@yahoogroups.com, Barry Stock <barry@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > It's Samuel Beckett.
      > > >
      > > > -bs
      > > >

      > > thank you, barry... i just overheard two
      > > guys talking at neighbouring table in a
      > > caffe, and nearly spilled the coffee through
      > > my nose, trying to hide my laughter... so
      > > they were just imitating beckett, huh? no
      > > matter, i've had my fun, and thought to share
      > > it. is it in one of his plays?
      > >
      > > yosy the idiot

    • Barry Stock
      Message 2 of 14 , May 7, 2008
        Still here...bereft of jokes.

        Wait...

        A bank robber without a disguise walks into a bank holding a gun and
        a bag, and walks up to a teller.

        He says "put all the money in your drawer in this bag".

        While he is waiting for her to fill the bag he turns to a man at the
        next window to the right and says "did you see me rob this bank?"

        The man says "Yes", and the robber shoots him dead on the spot.

        He turns the other way and sees Nasrudin standing there, and asks him
        "did you see me rob this bank?"

        Nasrudin looks the robber right in the eye and says "No...I saw
        nothing."

        "But, my wife..." (pointing directly behind him) "...she the whole
        thing!"

        -bs

        On May 7, 2008, at 7:46 PM, yosyx wrote:

        > --- In Nasrudin@yahoogroups.com, Barry Stock <barry@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > No, they weren't imitating him, they were channeling him,
        > > unintentionally...of course!
        > >
        > > It sounds a lot like something from Beckett. He understood
        > absurdity,
        > > and could conjure up just this kind of interchange.
        > >
        > > -bs
        > >

        > right. old sam could probably do that. indeed.
        >
        > hey, barry, how about a story? or a joke,
        > even an old -but good - one? muhannad,
        > lob, friends, anybody... anyone still around?
        >
        > yosy
        >
        > ps. :) having met max in person last week,
        > i am sure at least some of you are real,
        > amigos... are you?

        > > > thank you, barry... i just overheard two
        > > > guys talking at neighbouring table in a
        > > > caffe, and nearly spilled the coffee through
        > > > my nose, trying to hide my laughter... so
        > > > they were just imitating beckett, huh? no
        > > > matter, i've had my fun, and thought to share
        > > > it. is it in one of his plays?
        > > >
        > > > yosy the idiot

      • Barry Stock
        Message 3 of 14 , May 7, 2008
          Shit...

          Even typing it, I f*cked up the punch line.

          "She saw the whole thing."

          <:-{

          (dunce cap)

          -bs

        • jnsn583@aol.com
          Message 4 of 14 , May 8, 2008
            My boss saw the whole thing too. :)

            Even typing it, I f*cked up the punch line.

            "She saw the whole thing."

            <:-{

            (dunce cap)

            -bs

            On May 7, 2008, at 8:44 PM, Barry Stock wrote:
            > Still here...bereft of jokes.
            >
            > Wait...
            >
            > A bank robber without a disguise walks into a bank holding a gun and
            > a bag, and walks up to a teller.
            >
            > He says "put all the money in your drawer in this bag".
            >
            > While he is waiting for her to fill the bag he turns to a man at the
            > next window to the right and says "did you see me rob this bank?"
            >
            > The man says "Yes", and the robber shoots him dead on the spot.
            >
            > He turns the other way and sees Nasrudin standing there, and asks him
            > "did you see me rob this bank?"
            >
            > Nasrudin looks the robber right in the eye and says "No...I saw
            > nothing."
            >
            > "But, my wife..." (pointing directly behind him) "...she the whole
            > thing!"
            >
            > -bs
            >
            > On May 7, 2008, at 7:46 PM, yosyx wrote:
            >
            > > --- In Nasrudin@yahoogroups.com, Barry Stock <barry@...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > No, they weren't imitating him, they were channeling him,
            > > > unintentionally...of course!
            > > >
            > > > It sounds a lot like something from Beckett. He understood
            > > absurdity,
            > > > and could conjure up just this kind of interchange.
            > > >
            > > > -bs
            > > >

            > > right. old sam could probably do that. indeed.
            > >
            > > hey, barry, how about a story? or a joke,
            > > even an old -but good - one? muhannad,
            > > lob, friends, anybody... anyone still around?
            > >
            > > yosy
            > >
            > > ps. :) having met max in person last week,
            > > i am sure at least some of you are real,
            > > amigos... are you?

          • yosyx
            Message 5 of 14 , May 8, 2008
              --- In Nasrudin@yahoogroups.com, Barry Stock <barry@...> wrote:

              > Shit...
              >
              > Even typing it, I f*cked up the punch line.
              >
              > "She saw the whole thing."
              >
              > <:-{
              >
              > (dunce cap)
              >
              > -bs

              :) it cames through fine, with or without
              the typo. so don't worry none, shit happens.
              nice tale. thanks!

              hehehe and your story reminded me:

              one of nasrudin cronies declared: "my wife is
              an angel!" "yes, i know what you talk about"
              assented nasrudin, nodding. "mine isn't human
              either!"

              _()_
              yosy

              ps. how about another one? friends?

            • Barry Stock
              Message 6 of 14 , May 9, 2008
                Ross, the police called and want to know...

                Did you see the bank robbery?

                -bs

              • jnsn583@aol.com
                Message 7 of 14 , May 9, 2008
                  It takes alot of capacity to own ones hatred,

                  and everyone will hate you for doing it,
                  because at times you can't help but to slip
                  and express?that hatred.

                  Everyone is in denial about it,?and it is the
                  most hated emotion. But it has its place and
                  function just like all the other emotions, and
                  so needs to be?allowed and understood.

                  Be intelligent with it. Perhaps in this way the
                  next step can be taken from expressing hatred
                  to all that we hate, to actually working with it
                  in some way.

                  worth.

                • Barry Stock
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 9, 2008
                    You will notice, in my reply, that a choice was presented.

                    -bs

                    On May 9, 2008, at 3:48 PM, jnsn583@... wrote:

                    > It takes alot of capacity to own ones hatred,
                    >
                    > and everyone will hate you for doing it,
                    > because at times you can't help but to slip
                    > and express?that hatred.
                    >
                    > Everyone is in denial about it,?and it is the
                    > most hated emotion. But it has its place and
                    > function just like all the other emotions, and
                    > so needs to be?allowed and understood.
                    >
                    > Be intelligent with it. Perhaps in this way the
                    > next step can be taken from expressing hatred
                    > to all that we hate, to actually working with it
                    > in some way.
                    >
                    > worth.
                    >
                    > Ross, the police called and want to know...
                    >
                    > Did you see the bank robbery?
                    >
                    > -bs
                    >
                    > On May 8, 2008, at 1:50 PM, jnsn583@... wrote:
                    >
                    > > My boss saw the whole thing too. :)

                  • yosyx
                    Message 9 of 14 , May 9, 2008
                      --- In Nasrudin@yahoogroups.com, jnsn583@... wrote:

                      > It takes alot of capacity to own ones hatred,
                      >
                      > and everyone will hate you for doing it,
                      > because at times you can't help but to slip
                      > and express?that hatred.
                      >
                      > Everyone is in denial about it,?and it is the
                      > most hated emotion. But it has its place and
                      > function just like all the other emotions, and
                      > so needs to be?allowed and understood.
                      >
                      > Be intelligent with it. Perhaps in this way the
                      > next step can be taken from expressing hatred
                      > to all that we hate, to actually working with it
                      > in some way.
                      >
                      > worth.

                      :) barry, the 'problem' is not hate - the
                      biggest problem is fear.

                      Fear

                      Fear is
                      The greatest obstacle
                      To love's
                      Free
                      Flow.

                      "Hate"
                      Is merely an emotion
                      Arising
                      From it.

                      But fear ,
                      Rooted in identity
                      Seizes the heart
                      Constraining apparently the self
                      To a mere form
                      Robbing it
                      Of its inherent
                      Boundless
                      Freedom.

                      So fear not the fear,
                      Friend!
                      Denying it not
                      Nor affirming
                      Face it directly
                      And watch fearlessly.

                      Without feeding it thoughts
                      Yet ceaselessly asking
                      "Whose fear it is?"
                      Let the all pervading
                      Fire of love
                      Consume
                      Its cold grip
                      To ashes.

                      Oh, dervish!
                      The only true freedom
                      Is the freedom
                      From
                      Fear.

                      shabbat shalom all,

                      may all beings everywhere be free from
                      fear and suffering!

                      in love
                      yosy

                      ps. any comments, friends?

                      > Ross, the police called and want to know...
                      >
                      > Did you see the bank robbery?
                      >
                      > -bs
                      >
                      > On May 8, 2008, at 1:50 PM, jnsn583@... wrote:
                      >
                      > > My boss saw the whole thing too. :)

                    • Barry Stock
                      Message 10 of 14 , May 22, 2008
                        So, that would be a "Yes".

                        "Boom!"

                        Self-inflicted, according to the rules of the joke.