"the shadow of your smile..."

  • yosyx
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2007
      :)

      the king and nasrudin were in a strange
      town. "nasrudin" said the king, "let us
      stroll incognito in the city, see how it
      is like." nasrudin readily agreed and they
      went. people did not recognize the king
      in his disguise, and paid him no attention,
      but smiled at nasrudin.
      when they returned, the king said "nasrudin,
      you told me you have never been here before,
      but seems you know a lot of people here!"
      "why, your majesty?" "well, i've seen many
      passers-by smile at you!" "oh, that's simple,
      majesty. you see, i smiled at them!"

      _()_
      YOSY
    • Barry Stock
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2007
        Best story ever.

        Among many best stories ever.

        |:-)

        -bs

      • msalhi@uchicago.edu
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2007
          what a beautiful story Yosy my friend!!!

          At 07:48 PM 11/1/2007, you wrote:

          >:)
          >
          >the king and nasrudin were in a strange
          >town. "nasrudin" said the king, "let us
          >stroll incognito in the city, see how it
          >is like." nasrudin readily agreed and they
          >went. people did not recognize the king
          >in his disguise, and paid him no attention,
          >but smiled at nasrudin.
          >when they returned, the king said "nasrudin,
          >you told me you have never been here before,
          >but seems you know a lot of people here!"
          >"why, your majesty?" "well, i've seen many
          >passers-by smile at you!" "oh, that's simple,
          >majesty. you see, i smiled at them!"
          >
          >_()_
          >YOSY

        • yosyx
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 2, 2007
            --- In Nasrudin@yahoogroups.com, Barry Stock <barry@...> wrote:

            > Best story ever.
            >
            > Among many best stories ever.
            >
            > |:-)

            :) every story is the best!

            > -bs

            :) thank you, barry amigo. and mohannad too.
            i appreciate it. really.

            one of my favorites is the one "i trusted him!"
            anyone remembers? it was told by jina, if the
            memory serves me right...

            shabat shalom all. loka samashtah sukhino bhavanthu!
            (may al the denizens of all the worlds be happy!)

            yosy