holocaust day and "schindler's list"

  • yosyx
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 15, 2007
      friends, today is "yom hashoa", "the holocaust day",
      devoted to the memory of the systematic murder of
      six million human beings, men, women and children,
      whose only bad fortune was belonging to an ethnic
      group of humans called "jews". this was done on a
      purely genetic basis, regardless of appearance, age,
      sex, or religious, political and national affinity.

      it is my belief that any truth seeker, bold and courageous
      enough to face the true facts of this particular genocide
      (without forgetting all other genocides, like the one
      going on right now in darfur), should see the film "schindler's
      list", which presents the historical facts in a most reliable
      and accurate way. it is a long film, and not easy to watch,
      but presents the depth of inhumanity humans are capable of.

      this film may also enable an insight into the paranoia of the
      state of israel, and its resulting behavior in the middle east
      conflict. (though it does not justify it). it may explain, too,
      some of israel's mistrust of any international guarantees. .

      respectfully
      yosy
    • Barry Stock
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 16, 2007
        Yosy,

        Susan and I watched a public television documentary two nights ago
        one what happened AFTER the war, and it was very revealing. The
        british government comes off not looking too good -- terrible,
        horrible in fact. I had no idea.

        I understand from local sources that "The Pianist" is also a very
        accurate account of some of what happened.

        Best,

        Barry Stock
        www.barrystock.com
        www.barrystock.com/portfolio/

        On Apr 16, 2007, at 12:22 AM, yosyx wrote:

        > this film may also enable an insight into the paranoia of the
        > state of israel, and its resulting behavior in the middle east
        > conflict. (though it does not justify it). it may explain, too,
        > some of israel's mistrust of any international guarantees. .
        >
        > respectfully
        > yosy
      • yosyx
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 16, 2007
          --- In Nasrudin@yahoogroups.com, Barry Stock <barrystock@...> wrote:

          > Yosy,
          >
          > Susan and I watched a public television documentary two nights ago
          > one what happened AFTER the war, and it was very revealing. The
          > british government comes off not looking too good -- terrible,
          > horrible in fact. I had no idea.
          >
          > I understand from local sources that "The Pianist" is also a very
          > accurate account of some of what happened.

          yes, indeed.

          > Best,
          >
          > Barry Stock
          > www.barrystock.com
          > www.barrystock.com/portfolio/

          thank you, barry. btw, i recommend a book
          "the dance of genghis cohen" by romain gary,
          http://snipurl.com/1gpgb
          which shows that humor was alive and well
          even in those darkest hours of humanity...

          > On Apr 16, 2007, at 12:22 AM, yosyx wrote:
          >
          > > this film may also enable an insight into the paranoia of the
          > > state of israel, and its resulting behavior in the middle east
          > > conflict. (though it does not justify it). it may explain, too,
          > > some of israel's mistrust of any international guarantees. .
          > >
          > > respectfully
          > > yosy

        • ross thomas
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 16, 2007
            forgive me if i am wrong but schindlers list was directed by Steven
            Speilberg, arch manipulator of fact into fiction and one of the most crass
            manipulators of human emotions ever to get hold of a camera.......sorry
            'n'all that.

          • yosyx
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 16, 2007
              --- In Nasrudin@yahoogroups.com, "ross thomas" <rossbyjove@...> wrote:

              > forgive me if i am wrong but schindlers list was directed by Steven
              > Speilberg, arch manipulator of fact into fiction and one of the
              most crass
              > manipulators of human emotions ever to get hold of a
              camera.......sorry
              > 'n'all that.

              well, yes, this is probably true. never the less,
              i watched it first time last night, and to my
              surprise in spite (or maybe because?) of that,
              this is masterfully done. the result is very
              realistic as confirmed by surviving eyewtnessess
              and documentaries from the period. a most remarkable
              tale of humanity, courage and transformation.

              yosy
            • Barry Stock
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 16, 2007
                Ross, could you provide some examples of this so I can be more aware
                of it while watching his films?

                On Apr 16, 2007, at 5:48 PM, ross thomas wrote:

                > forgive me if i am wrong but schindlers list was directed by Steven
                > Speilberg, arch manipulator of fact into fiction and one of the
                > most crass
                > manipulators of human emotions ever to get hold of a
                > camera.......sorry
                > 'n'all that.
              • yosyx
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 16, 2007
                  --- In Nasrudin@yahoogroups.com, Barry Stock <barrystock@...> wrote:

                  > Ross, could you provide some examples of this so I can be more
                  aware
                  > of it while watching his films?
                  >
                  > Barry Stock
                  > www.barrystock.com
                  > www.barrystock.com/portfolio/

                  barry bro, friends, if you watch the film
                  observe how strikingly it resembles a real
                  life version of "the caravan of dreams" tale
                  from "tales of 1001 nights", with our friend
                  oscar playing masterfully maaruf the cobbler
                  (with some nasrudinesque traits...)

                  oh yes, indeed. 'real' life is far more amazing
                  then any fiction.

                  whaddya think, friends?

                  yosy

                  > On Apr 16, 2007, at 5:48 PM, ross thomas wrote:
                  >

                  > > forgive me if i am wrong but schindlers list was directed by
                  Steven
                  > > Speilberg, arch manipulator of fact into fiction and one of the
                  > > most crass
                  > > manipulators of human emotions ever to get hold of a
                  > > camera.......sorry
                  > > 'n'all that.

                • yosyx
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 23, 2007
                    --- In Nasrudin@yahoogroups.com, "yosyx" <yosyflug@...> wrote:

                    > --- In Nasrudin@yahoogroups.com, Barry Stock <barrystock@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Ross, could you provide some examples of this so I can be more
                    > aware
                    > > of it while watching his films?
                    > >
                    > > Barry Stock
                    > > www.barrystock.com
                    > > www.barrystock.com/portfolio/

                    barry my friend, friends, does anyone remember the
                    sheherezada's tales of the 1001 nights? there is a
                    classic by sir richard burton, and i am pretty sure
                    the tale of maaruf's caravan of dreams can be found
                    on the net. i wonder if anyone can see the connection
                    to schindler... why not do some homework, friends? and
                    may your own caravan of dreams arrive too, one day...

                    everyone gets whatever is deserved, as nasrudin our friend
                    says...

                    so, let's see. we've been very quiet for a lomg time...
                    so, let's hear some good jokes, at least. and remember
                    the magic of childhood dreams...

                    yosy