Re: Fw: On a cup of coffee and a fly. Food for thought.

  • Max Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 6, 2006
      I'll say only one thing regardin "4u's" post on Primo
      Levi and Israel. Having been there recently for the
      first time, I know it is a lush tropical paradise of a
      country where Israel Arabs, Israel Jews, and other
      assorted Israelis live in harmony side by side without
      problems (especialy in the marketplace). It is one of
      the best places I have ever been, I can't wait to go
      back and I think everyone should vacation their once
      in their life. Great fun and culture.

      However if Israel were subsumed by a Palestinian state
      or killed by an Islamic government, there would be no
      tourism, no one I know would ever be able to visit
      again, and whether it would remain the lush tropical
      paradise that it is now is anyone's guess. So whatever
      else you may say, without my giving political reasons
      that would portray me as a Zionist, I offer the
      selfish reason that tops my list for the preservation
      of the Israeli State. Have you ever floated in the
      Dead Sea? Truly an unbelievable experience.

      So thank you 4u for the wonderful history lesson on
      Primo Levi. I'm sure we all learned a lot. Have you
      ever been to Israel? Amazing what the Israelis did
      with good irrigation.

      I have been here before, but when or how I can not tell;
      I know the grass beyond the door, the sweet keen smell,
      The sighing sound, the lights around the shore - Dante Gabriel Rossetti

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • yosyx
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 6, 2006
        max dear, friends. with your kind permission,
        i will abstain from commenting here on the posts
        about israel, primo levi, judith opinion etc.

        :) one thing, though: max amigo (and anyone else,
        companions) - if you ever pass this way, please
        give me a call. i live close to the ben-gurion
        airport, and will be delighted to meet you. my
        cellphone number, available for friends 24/7,
        is 972-52-2564746. and i really mean it.

        shabat shalom
        _()_
        yosy

        --- In Nasrudin@yahoogroups.com, Max Rosenberg <azure_max@...> wrote:

        > I'll say only one thing regardin "4u's" post on Primo
        > Levi and Israel. Having been there recently for the
        > first time, I know it is a lush tropical paradise of a
        > country where Israel Arabs, Israel Jews, and other
        > assorted Israelis live in harmony side by side without
        > problems (especialy in the marketplace). It is one of
        > the best places I have ever been, I can't wait to go
        > back and I think everyone should vacation their once
        > in their life. Great fun and culture.
        >
        > However if Israel were subsumed by a Palestinian state
        > or killed by an Islamic government, there would be no
        > tourism, no one I know would ever be able to visit
        > again, and whether it would remain the lush tropical
        > paradise that it is now is anyone's guess. So whatever
        > else you may say, without my giving political reasons
        > that would portray me as a Zionist, I offer the
        > selfish reason that tops my list for the preservation
        > of the Israeli State. Have you ever floated in the
        > Dead Sea? Truly an unbelievable experience.
        >
        > So thank you 4u for the wonderful history lesson on
        > Primo Levi. I'm sure we all learned a lot. Have you
        > ever been to Israel? Amazing what the Israelis did
        > with good irrigation.
        >
        > I have been here before, but when or how I can not tell;
        > I know the grass beyond the door, the sweet keen smell,
        > The sighing sound, the lights around the shore - Dante Gabriel
        Rossetti
      • 4u
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 7, 2006
          Mulla Nasrudin was sitting at the local coffee shop having his daily
          quantum of caffeine. A stranger to the town and Nasrudin was trying to
          make conversation and asked:
          “Well Mulla: whom do you like? The Muslims?”
          “No..,” answered Nasrudin
          “Oh – so you like the Christians!”
          “No…” was the Mullah’s answer again.
          “Well, well – now it is clear – you like the Jews”
          “No” replies our hero.
          “But you must like someone surely?”
          “Oh yes – I like my friends…”

          (This is originally a story by Erich Maria Remarque)

          4u= Eduard

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 7, 2006
            --- In Nasrudin@yahoogroups.com, 4u <4allofu@...> wrote:

            > Mulla Nasrudin was sitting at the local coffee shop having his
            daily
            > quantum of caffeine. A stranger to the town and Nasrudin was trying
            > make conversation and asked:
            > “Well Mulla: whom do you like? The Muslims?”
            > “No..,” answered Nasrudin
            > “Oh â€" so you like the Christians!”
            > “No…” was the Mullah’s answer again.
            > “Well, well â€" now it is clear â€" you like the Jews”
            > “No” replies our hero.
            > “But you must like someone surely?”
            > “Oh yes â€" I like my friends…”
            >
            > (This is originally a story by Erich Maria Remarque)
            >
            > 4u= Eduard

            :) excellent! thanks!

            "nasrudin, what about 'us' and 'them'?"
            "simple. us friends are those who know that
            'they' are also us."

            yosy

            > On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 15:34:56 +0200, Max Rosenberg <azure_max@...>
            > wrote:
            >
            > > I'll say only one thing regardin "4u's" post on Primo
            > > Levi and Israel. Having been there recently for the
            > > first time, I know it is a lush tropical paradise of a
            > > country where Israel Arabs, Israel Jews, and other
            > > assorted Israelis live in harmony side by side without
            > > problems (especialy in the marketplace). It is one of
            > > the best places I have ever been, I can't wait to go
            > > back and I think everyone should vacation their once
            > > in their life. Great fun and culture.
            > >
            > > However if Israel were subsumed by a Palestinian state
            > > or killed by an Islamic government, there would be no
            > > tourism, no one I know would ever be able to visit
            > > again, and whether it would remain the lush tropical
            > > paradise that it is now is anyone's guess. So whatever
            > > else you may say, without my giving political reasons
            > > that would portray me as a Zionist, I offer the
            > > selfish reason that tops my list for the preservation
            > > of the Israeli State. Have you ever floated in the
            > > Dead Sea? Truly an unbelievable experience.
            > >
            > > So thank you 4u for the wonderful history lesson on
            > > Primo Levi. I'm sure we all learned a lot. Have you
            > > ever been to Israel? Amazing what the Israelis did
            > > with good irrigation.
            > >
            > > I have been here before, but when or how I can not tell;
            > > I know the grass beyond the door, the sweet keen smell,
            > > The sighing sound, the lights around the shore - Dante Gabriel
            Rossetti

          • Barry Stock
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 8, 2006
              Yes.