Sept and Oct Presentations in Washington, Vancouver, Oregon, and California

  • David Fideler
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2006
      Later this September and October, my wife Sabrineh and I
      will be giving a series of presentations on Sufi poetry in
      Seattle and Bellingham, Washington; Vancouver; Portland,
      Oregon; and Sonoma, Corte Madera, Santa Cruz, and
      Mountain View, California. There will also be some
      presentations in Michigan in November.

      There is a complete list of presentations and further
      information on the website at:

      http://www.sufipoetry.com

      The presentations discuss the background of Sufi poetry and
      include performances of poetry in Persian and English with
      musical accompaniment.

      If you or your friends are able to attend one of these events,
      we'd love to see you.

      David Fideler

      * * * * * * * * * *

      Fall Presentations on Persian Sufi Poetry

      September 13, 2006
      Seattle, Washington. East West Books, 6500 Roosevelt Way NE - 7:00 PM - Presentation
      followed by book signing - Free

      September 15, 2006
      Seattle, Washington. Third Place Books, 6504 20th Avenue - 7:30 PM - Presentation
      followed by book signing - Free

      September 17, 2006
      Bellingham, Washington. Village Books, 1200 11th Street - 5:00 PM - Presentation
      followed by book signing - Free

      September 19, 2006
      Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Vancouver Public Library, 350 West Georgia,
      sponsored by Banyen Books - 7:30 PM - Presentation followed by book signing

      September 21, 2006
      Portland, Oregon. New Renaissance, 1338 NW 23rd Avenue - 7:00 PM - Presentation
      followed by book signing - $12 - Reservations: (503) 224-4929

      September 25, 2006
      Sonoma, California. Readers Books, 127 East Napa Street - 7:30 PM - Presentation
      followed by book signing - Free

      September 27, 2006
      Corte Madera, California. Book Passage, 51 Tamal Vista Boulevard - 7:00 PM -
      Presentation followed by book signing - Free

      September 28, 2006
      Santa Cruz, California. Gateways Books, 1126 Soquel Avenue - 7:00 PM - Presentation
      followed by book signing - Free

      October 3, 2006
      Mountain View, California. East West Books, 324 Castro Street - 7:30 PM - Presentation
      followed by book signing - Free

      November 5, 2006
      Ganges, Michigan. Lakeshore Interfaith Institute, 1200 11th Street - 11:00 AM -
      Presentation followed by book signing - Free

      November 9, 2006
      Grand Rapids, Michigan. Schuler Books - 7:00 PM - Presentation followed by book signing
      - Free
    • chakru cowlagi
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2006
        David Fielder,

        Sir,
        You are fortunate in that you have an opportunity to learn about Sufism and Sufi Poetry in the days when most of the world is either busy with war,crimes or busy making money by whatever means..
        Wish you good luck and success in spreading the noble thoughts of great Sufi saints/poets.
        I am not lucky to be there to attend any of your presentations but I am glad that I could learn about your work and read the text of your interview!

        Regards
        Chuck Cowlagi
        Mumbai/India