Re: This too... / solomon ring

  • yosyx
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2006
      --- In Nasrudin@yahoogroups.com, Barry Stock <barrystock@...> wrote:

      > A group of aspirants waited along the side of a road for a long
      line
      > of Bentleys to go by, so they could cross to the other side and
      eat
      > their breakfast of gruel, and begin their daily toiling. As the
      line
      > of luxury vehicles rolled on, one looked at the other and said...
      >
      > (music, lights, action)
      >
      > "This too, shall pass."
      >
      > -bs

      lol actually it comes from an ancient tale
      about the king solomon, who was approached by
      another king with a request. "solomon, you
      are known far and wide for producing all
      kinds of magic rings" he said. "but is it
      in your power to produce a ring which, when
      i'll forgett myself, lost in despair after a
      defeat, or lose myself in elation of royal
      banquets and harem pleasures, will bring me
      back to myself in a glance?" "sure" said the
      wisest of men, and had a ring made with the
      words "this, too, shall pass" inscribed.

      btw, i had quite a few of such rings made
      of plain silver by a jewler friend of mine
      more then twenty years ago, and gave friends.
      some still have them, though most of the
      lettering wore out.

      :) dear friends and companions, consider yourself
      each one a recipent of such virtual ring, and
      remember it whenever you glance on your left middle
      finger...

      yosy
    • 4u
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1, 2006
        LOL:D

        The flowers, they are opening
        The clouds, they are opening
        to the rain, to the sun,
        to all the way of the ONE

        This too shall pass
        This too shall pass
        Like the moon on your eyes
        Like the look on your eyes

        Anything else to pass ;) Ede

        On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 13:21:33 +0200, yosyx <yosyflug@...> wrote:

        > --- In Nasrudin@yahoogroups.com, Barry Stock <barrystock@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> A group of aspirants waited along the side of a road for a long
        > line
        >> of Bentleys to go by, so they could cross to the other side and
        > eat
        >> their breakfast of gruel, and begin their daily toiling. As the
        > line
        >> of luxury vehicles rolled on, one looked at the other and said...
        >>
        >> (music, lights, action)
        >>
        >> "This too, shall pass."
        >>
        >> -bs
        >>

        > lol actually it comes from an ancient tale
        > about the king solomon, who was approached by
        > another king with a request. "solomon, you
        > are known far and wide for producing all
        > kinds of magic rings" he said. "but is it
        > in your power to produce a ring which, when
        > i'll forgett myself, lost in despair after a
        > defeat, or lose myself in elation of royal
        > banquets and harem pleasures, will bring me
        > back to myself in a glance?" "sure" said the
        > wisest of men, and had a ring made with the
        > words "this, too, shall pass" inscribed.
        >
        > btw, i had quite a few of such rings made
        > of plain silver by a jewler friend of mine
        > more then twenty years ago, and gave friends.
        > some still have them, though most of the
        > lettering wore out.
        > :) dear friends and companions, consider yourself
        > each one a recipent of such virtual ring, and
        > remember it whenever you glance on your left middle
        > finger...
        >
        > yosy
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • ross thomas
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 2, 2006
          Oi you lot,
          the last weeks endlessly repeated message, "this too will pass"
          shows no sign of passing !
          Ive heard it a billion times, can we please change the subject, Im sure my
          irritation on this matter will eventually pass, whoops !....... gone
          already

          Luv an peas ROSS

          http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters
        • jnsn583@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 2, 2006
            lol
            This is almost funny enough to be made into a nasrudin story. :)
            "this too shall pass", shall pass.