Crucial Evidence

  • msalhi@uchicago.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2006
      Nasrudin' s wife was caught shoplifting and was arrested and brought before
      a court of law for her crime.
      "What did you steal?" the judge demanded
      "Why, a can of peaches your Honor!" replied Nasrudin's wife
      "And why did you steal them?" continued the judge
      "Well, quite simply, your Honor," began Nasrudin's wife, "it was because I
      was hungry! But I will tell you who the REAL guilty party is your Honor,
      that man that you see over there!" she said pointing to Nasrudin who was
      present at court, "he is my husband you see, but he does not provide nearly
      enough for me and his household, he does not keep the house stocked with
      food and supplies as any decent man would, yet he expects ME to perform ALL
      my wifely duties and THEN some your Honor, how am I supposed to wait on
      this joke of a man hand and foot when I have no food your Honor?! no
      nourishment, no dignity, no..."
      "And just how many peaches were in the can?" interrupted the judge
      "Why six your Honor!"
      "In that case, I will sentence you to six days in jail for your crime!"
      said the judge, but before he could actually pronounce the sentence,
      Nasrudin stood up before the court, boldly stating:
      "If it pleases the court, I have some crucial evidence to present before
      you hastily pass your sentence!"
      "And what is that?" inquired the judge impatiently
      "I would just like to point out that the defendant ALSO stole AND ate an
      entire can of peas as well!"