No time to waste

  • Fariz Uvais
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 1999
      Mulla Nasrudin was travelling in a foreign country and came upon a house he thought would suffice for that evening's stay. Amusingly, many people stood everywhere in outrageous costumes, so without asking any questions the Mulla strode confidently to what appeared to be a great reception area. Everyone at the Palace was aghast at this stranger striding into the throne room accompanied by his ass, and in shock no one stopped him to ask what he was doing.The King, annoyed by this intrusion, bellowed "where do you think you are? in a Caravansarie (guest house)? "Well that is precisely what I was wondering too....tell me who was here before you? asked the Mulla. "My father," replied the King. "And who before that?" inquired the Mulla further. "My grand father," replied the King by now at his wits end. "Well then I was right all along....People come... People go. Now show me to my quarters my good Sir." said the Mulla tugging at his mule.

      Adopted :-)