RE: [Nasrudin] The Experiment/hedi/muhannad(no spelling mistake?/rehana

  • Yosy Flug
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2004
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Rehana Matri [mailto:matri@...]
      Sent: Monday, July 26, 2004 11:16 PM
      To: Nasrudin@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Nasrudin] The Experiment/hedi/muhannad(no spelling
      mistake?

      Actually, in Arabic, it doesn't sound anything like Muhammad! so don't
      be
      so quick to pass judgements my dear!

      I wasnt trying to pass judgements at all. I have no idea what the word
      Muhannad sounds like. It was the arrangment of its letters in writing
      which made me link your name to the name Muhammad. Just wanted to point
      out that one letter can make a lot of difference.

      Sorry again.
      Rehana

      :) don't be sorry, just do not do it again!

      besides, read again:

      Rehana Matri wrote:

      Muhannad (the name) almost sounds like Muhammad (the name) were it
      not for a couple of
      letters which are different.
      -----------
      (didn't you say: "I have no idea what the word Muhannad sounds like"?)
      ----------
      The name Muhammad means 'the praised one'. Its a beautiful name but
      fits only to a beautiful soul. Muhannad (the name) looks and feels
      like Muhammad (the name) but is not the same yet. One letter sometimes
      can make a lot of difference in your life. It can sink an
      unsinkable boat!
      Names are like clothes. You wear those which fit you best.

      Rehana
      regardless of whether you "wasnt trying to pass judgment", what would
      you call this collection of 'clever' opinions if not judging?

      .........\

      and here we have some more "gems" from rehana:

      PS Nasrudin said that if he would change his name it would kill him
      but not just him, it would kill everyone who loves him.

      ^^^^^^^^^^^

      nasrudin would never utter such a bullshit. he may be seen as mad or
      fool, but not stupid! so, rehana/matri/helga or whatever, do not speak
      in his name, say whatever you wish but do not presume to represent
      nasrudin (or anyone, for that matter) unless requested to do so
      explicitly by the person!

      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

      He says that names make all the difference, that names are magic and
      can get your blood boiling or face to turn red, that a name can get
      under your skin and make you feel alive or dead, hot or cold, this or
      that, that a name can give you an extra adrenal rush making your heart
      beat faster or skip a beat, bring sunshine into your life or dark
      clouds, make you feel up or down. He says just take the Name Osama Bin
      Laden. Anyone with that name will be either hated or loved by some
      people, regardless whether he really is the one or not. Its the name
      which triggers emotions. Nasrudin says its not true that a rose is a
      rose call it by any name it smells as sweet. He says that this Shaikh
      ..erm... Pir... erm Shakespear, didnt know what he was talking about.

      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      :) you sure it was nasrudin and not wolfgang or rudi who says it lol?
      what a conglomerate of fact and fiction!

      again, dear, as nasrudin (and anyone remotely sensible) is well aware
      of, generally names are just sounds unless charged with associated
      meaning (though at times having to do with root sounds etc - but this is
      another story)
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

      He said that it is the name which causes you to love the fragrance of
      a rose more than the fragrance of other flowers, not its beautiful face
      nor its sweet smell.

      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      :) the name and the object are one and the same. they cannot be
      separated. but then again, it is the qualities which charge the
      otherwise empty sounds with meaning... what attracts you more, rehana,
      "vered" or "shoshana"?
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

      He also says that its not the petals and the fragrance which make a
      rose arose but that its the thorns which singles it out as the most
      beautiful flower in the garden. He said thorns not only are its defense
      system but its most attractive feature. Would you believe that?

      One name can make my day! Would you believe that?

      ^^^^^^^^^^^^
      :) your day. yes
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^

      Rehana

      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    • Yosy Flug
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2004

          Rehana Matri wrote:

[...]

          Sent via SUPERwebmail - Supernet web-based email service
          http://www.super.net.pk/mail
        • Rehana Matri
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 3, 2004
            Yosy Flug wrote:

            lol "open sesame!"
            :) there is no argument about that (even my own name opens - and closes
            - a few doors..) so? how does that relate to your post?

            Dear Yosy,

            This
            "Lol..yes Yosy. I wrote indeed 'it sounds like' because Muhannad did
            sound almost like Muhammad to me (in my mind) when I
            read it first, as I never heard this name before but know the sound of
            Muhammad. Some names ring a bell."

            related to your pointing out that I had contradicted myself as I had said (written) that I had no idea what Muhannad sounds like
            even so I had said (written) earlier that Muhannad sounds like Muhammad. And it relates to the fact that Muhammad "fits"
            only a beautiful soul, for it is not a matter of my opinion but it is a fact, for the name Muhammad rings a bell, it means 'the
            praised one'. Many might keep the name Muhammad but this doesnt alter the fact that the name "fits" only a beautiful soul, just
            as the name "Rose" fits only a particular flower in the garden and not any other flower in the garden.

            and this:

            Believe it or not Yosy, but Nasrudin said that names either open doors
            for you or close them.

            related to your pointing out that I am stupid, that Names are nothing but sounds and that it is bullshit to say that you rise and
            fall with your name and everyone with you. Dear Yosy, do you deny that all you got to do is give a dog a bad name to hang
            him!!! A name is everything. If you got a good name, thank God for it. If you have a bad name, change it if you can.

            A dot, a line, a circle... it is a most excellent work of art if it bears the name Picasso in one corner. If it would be signed with the
            name Yosy it would be considered as bullshit!!

            If enough people would make a plot to give Picasso a bad image to his name, belittle his works of art, redicule his way of
            expression, circulate jokes about him, it would not be long before the name Picasso would take on a new meaning. It would
            kill not only the Name but also the person, the man behind the name, as his works of art. All would fall down together.
            Take the word 'gay'. The true meaning of the word is 'happy'. But now it means homo. The word gay has died in one
            dimension and come to life in another.

            And as to this 'work of art' of yours:

            " so, rehana/matri/helga or whatever, do not speak
            in his name, say whatever you wish but do not presume to represent
            nasrudin (or anyone, for that matter) unless requested to do so
            explicitly by the person!"

            it was you who wrote " since nasrudin is unborn, thus deathless...he is the eternal spirit of man]."