Re: All is one

  • Fariz Uvais
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 1999
      -

      >From: Lobster <EdJason@...>
      >> Adapted from a tale by Rumi
      >> Fariz
      >> Ps. I am interested in what others on this list see in this story.
      >

      >When a person thinks they can steal other peoples wisdom rather than
      >provide their own, the Mullah knows how to deal with them.
      >
      >So what do you see in it?
      >
      >Be Well
      >Lobster

      What I see is that all is one. But when you start messing with different
      dimensions for your own advantage, you are only fooling yourself. By
      dimensions I mean: terrestrial, phenomenal, and celestial. And all is one at
      the last one. I must admit that these distinctions between dimensions are
      quite blurred still in my eyes.

      fariz
    • Yosy Flug
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 1999
        Fariz Uvais wrote:

        > Once, a clever neighbour of Nasrudin jumped into the Mulla's garden
        > and proceeded to devour a nice juicy apple he plucked from a tree
        > there. "What's the meaning of this, you come into my garden and eat a
        > fruit that I have been carefully sun ripening without seeking any sort
        > of permission?" asked the Mulla of his neighbour. "This fruit belongs
        > to God, and it is to him alone that I must answer," retorted the
        > neighbour. The Mulla promptly tied the neighbour to the tree and beat
        > him with a stick. "Do you have no fear of God?" cried the neighbour in
        > outrage. "Why should I? Both the rope and this stick belong to God,"
        > replied the Mulla as he gave the neighbour a few more stripes. Adapted
        > from a tale by Rumi
        > Fariz
        > Ps. I am interested in what others on this list see in this story.

        cleverness is not sun rippened wisdom ...

        . . . . . .

        reminds me another nasrudin story:

        nasrudin was caught in the community grain shed, transfering grain from
        his neighbours containers to his own. when brought in front of a judge,
        said in his defence: "i am an idiot, your honour! do not distinguish
        their grain from mine!" "if so, how come you do not transfer your grain
        to their containers?" "ah, your honour. i'm not that idiot! i can tell
        my grain from theirs!"

        * * * * * * *

        nasrudin entered a working smith shop, walked up to the furnace at the
        shop's back, picked up with thongs a burning coal, lit his cigarette and
        walked out. none of the amazed workers stopped him. he did the same
        thing the next day, and the next. after the thing repeated itself for a
        week, one of the workers confronted him and said: "hey, old man! nobody
        knows you, and you walk in here as if you own the place! who are you,
        anyway?!" "what do you mean you don't know me? i'm that old man, that
        comes here every day to light his cigarette!" said nasrudin.
      • Lobster
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1, 1999
          > What I see is that all is one. But when you start messing with different
          > dimensions for your own advantage, you are only fooling yourself. By
          > dimensions I mean: terrestrial, phenomenal, and celestial. And all is one at
          > the last one. I must admit that these distinctions between dimensions are
          > quite blurred still in my eyes.
          >
          > fariz

          Hi Fariz :-)

          This reminds me of a tale:

          "Tell me Mullah what advantage is there in being an Idiot"
          "Well being unaware of other possibilities is not an advantage. For
          example many people think I have a choice in my behaviour. Yet who
          expects the duck to wear a camels saddle?"

          Lobster
        • Fariz Uvais
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 2, 1999
            >From: Lobster <EdJason@...>
            >Hi Fariz :-)
            >
            >This reminds me of a tale:
            >
            >"Tell me Mullah what advantage is there in being an Idiot"
            >"Well being unaware of other possibilities is not an advantage. For
            >example many people think I have a choice in my behaviour. Yet who
            >expects the duck to wear a camels saddle?"
            >
            >Lobster

            Hello Ed, By a coincidence, my thoughts this morning have been dominated by
            an attempt to get a grasp on the concept of destiny and free will, and the
            conclusion that I came to was that, it is unawareness of other possibilities
            that gives rise to issues of destiny and free will in the first place. Now
            if only I can put that "peace on it" camels saddle on my "peace on it" duck,
            all my problems will be sorted.

            :-) Fariz AKA Laziness
          • Lobster
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 2, 1999
              > Hello Ed, By a coincidence, my thoughts this morning have been dominated by
              > an attempt to get a grasp on the concept of destiny and free will, and the
              > conclusion that I came to was that, it is unawareness of other possibilities
              > that gives rise to issues of destiny and free will in the first place. Now
              > if only I can put that "peace on it" camels saddle on my "peace on it" duck,
              > all my problems will be sorted.
              >
              > :-) Fariz AKA Laziness

              Hi Fariz,

              Coincidentally:

              "Nasrudin do we have free will?"
              "Certainly," said Nasrudin, "as long as we follow our destiny."

              Be Well
              Lobster
            • Fariz Uvais
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 2, 1999
                >Hi Fariz,
                >
                >Coincidentally:
                >
                >"Nasrudin do we have free will?"
                >"Certainly," said Nasrudin, "as long as we follow our destiny."
                >
                >Be Well
                >Lobster

                And I asked, "Nasrudin what is my destiny?" The Mulla replied, "it is beyond
                what your imagination can even conceive!"

                :-) fariz