Thought Fool

  • Lobster
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2003
      From: "yosy" <yosyflug@...>
      Subject: Re: Re: ladders

      One day Nasrudin, tempted by the fruit in a neighbouring garden, used a
      ladder to climb onto the garden wall, then pulling the ladder up and over,
      climbed down into the garden. Somewhere nearby stood the amazed gardener,
      whom Nasrudin had failed to notice.
      The gardener hurrying over to Nasrudin said in a threatening tone,
      "And what do you think you are doing here?"
      "Why, I am selling this ladder", he said.
      "Look here, Nasrudin! Whom do you think you are fooling? Does this garden
      look like the proper place to sell a ladder in?", the gardener said.
      "Now, now, my good man! Let's not forget our manners. You needn't buy the
      ladder if you don't want it; but it belongs to me and I can sell it where I
      please!"
      So saying Nasrudin went back over the wall and away with his ladder.
    • yosy
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2003
        :) originally this version was posted on nasrudin forum in 1998 by Richard
        Montalvo
        (message number 55)