Re: [NapoleonicFireandFury] Nafziger OOB

  • Dan & Karen Brown
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 2, 2001
      > is Nafziger good?

      Not really

      > Have had some problems with his 1940 French.

      Expect the same problems. I find Nafziger to be, at best, a questionable
      source

      --
      Dan Brown
      dbrown@...
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 2, 2001
        Hi Folks,
        When you find the perfect source please drop me a note. I have
        found errors in the best of works. George's works included and that
        has not deminished the value to me at all. Of the games I have based
        on Georges or anyone else for that matter have still been enjoyable.
        One unit here or there does not seem to have effected a game one way
        or the other.
        The fact that George is putting any infomation out is worth while
        especially where none has existed before. Sorry for the opposite
        opinion but feel that Georges works is worthy despite some flaws.
        Much like all works on history.
        Kind regards,
        Chuck Hamack --- In NapoleonicFireandFury@y..., Dan & Karen Brown
        <dbrown@d...> wrote:
        > > is Nafziger good?
        >
        > Not really
        >
        > > Have had some problems with his 1940 French.
        >
        > Expect the same problems. I find Nafziger to be, at best, a
        questionable
        > source
        >
        > --
        > Dan Brown
        > dbrown@o...
      • thebusher
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 2, 2001
          Gentlemen,

          Mr. Nafzigers work is well worth getting. I don't believe anyone has
          "perfect" OB's and we all know that the generals themselves at times didn't
          know for sure the true strength or compositions of their units and armies
          down to the man. The best we gamers can do is look at all the sources
          available and make our own individual conclusions as to what seems
          reasonable.

          Best Regards,

          David Bush

          NetZero Platinum
          Only $9.95 per month!
          Sign up in September to win one of 30 Hawaiian Vacations for 2!
        • walt216@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 3, 2001
            I agree that Nafzigers OOB's are not perfect. However I have not found any better. If anyone knows if any sources that are more accurate, credible and are as easy to obtain, please let me know. I respect anyone that will search the archives for info, however I don't have the time, so I have found G. Nafziger to be a good source.

            Regards,
            Walt