Re: [NapoleonicFireandFury] Re: AoE in tournament ?

  • Colonel (Ret) Bill Gray
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2005
      Yea verily on the Ancients . . .

      Regards, Bill Gray

      --
      Warmest regards,

      /// Bill ///

      Wilbur E. Gray
      Colonel, US Army (Retired)
      HMGS East Webmaster

      www.hmgs.org
    • William D. Ponder
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 2, 2005
        A point system based on the availability and quality of troop types
        would have to be worked out. But if ancients can have Romans vs. War
        of the Roses knights (And win!) then it should be doable. 1812
        Russians vs. 1808 Spanish or 1807 Danes ve. 1796 Ottoman Empire? A
        1806 French vs. 1815 French civil war? It sounds like it could be a
        lot of fun.

        ---Bill Ponder

        --- In NapoleonicFireandFury@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Caras"
        <rmcaras520@a...> wrote:
        > --- In NapoleonicFireandFury@yahoogroups.com, "Colonel (Ret) Bill
        > Gray" <hmgs1@h...> wrote:
        > > I don't see why not. They have used Napoleon's Battles for
        > something
        > > similar.
        > >
        > > Regards, Bill Gray
        > >
        > > On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 04:11:53 -0400, taliesinlebarde
        <nicofig@w...>
        > > wrote:
        > >
        > > > Hi,
        > > > do you think than AoE could be a rules for organize
        tournament ?
        > > > Have you got some idea about this ? How to do for that ?
        > > > Nicolas
        > > > http://napofig.free.fr
        > > >

        > More to the point, they run an ACW BOFF tournament, "The
        Featherstone
        > Cup" at Fall-In every year. So if they can do that, it should be
        > possible, though I suspect a bit more complicated. Since in the
        ACW,
        > the armies were mirror copies of each other [in weapons, doctrine,
        > leadership etc]. With Napoleonics you have the mix of different
        > nationalities, doctrine etc across a longer span of time. But if
        > they can run ancients tournaments here with Aztecs fighting
        > Egyptians, anything is POSSIBLE.
      • Andrew Deans
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 2, 2005
          Hi Bill,
          A good friend of mine has had a stab at a points system based on excel format. it is in the files section of the group.
          Regards,
          Andrew