Re: AoE in tournament ?

  • Rick Caras
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1 3:48 PM
      --- In NapoleonicFireandFury@yahoogroups.com, "Colonel (Ret) Bill
      Gray" <hmgs1@h...> wrote:
      > I don't see why not. They have used Napoleon's Battles for
      something
      > similar.
      >
      > Regards, Bill Gray
      >
      > On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 04:11:53 -0400, taliesinlebarde <nicofig@w...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > Hi,
      > > do you think than AoE could be a rules for organize tournament ?
      > > Have you got some idea about this ? How to do for that ?
      > > Nicolas
      > > http://napofig.free.fr

      More to the point, they run an ACW BOFF tournament, "The Featherstone
      Cup" at Fall-In every year. So if they can do that, it should be
      possible, though I suspect a bit more complicated. Since in the ACW,
      the armies were mirror copies of each other [in weapons, doctrine,
      leadership etc]. With Napoleonics you have the mix of different
      nationalities, doctrine etc across a longer span of time. But if
      they can run ancients tournaments here with Aztecs fighting
      Egyptians, anything is POSSIBLE.
    • Colonel (Ret) Bill Gray
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1 4:29 PM
        Yea verily on the Ancients . . .

        Regards, Bill Gray

        --
        Warmest regards,

        /// Bill ///

        Wilbur E. Gray
        Colonel, US Army (Retired)
        HMGS East Webmaster

        www.hmgs.org
      • William D. Ponder
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 2 12:48 PM
          A point system based on the availability and quality of troop types
          would have to be worked out. But if ancients can have Romans vs. War
          of the Roses knights (And win!) then it should be doable. 1812
          Russians vs. 1808 Spanish or 1807 Danes ve. 1796 Ottoman Empire? A
          1806 French vs. 1815 French civil war? It sounds like it could be a
          lot of fun.

          ---Bill Ponder

          --- In NapoleonicFireandFury@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Caras"
          <rmcaras520@a...> wrote:
          > --- In NapoleonicFireandFury@yahoogroups.com, "Colonel (Ret) Bill
          > Gray" <hmgs1@h...> wrote:
          > > I don't see why not. They have used Napoleon's Battles for
          > something
          > > similar.
          > >
          > > Regards, Bill Gray
          > >
          > > On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 04:11:53 -0400, taliesinlebarde
          <nicofig@w...>
          > > wrote:
          > >
          > > > Hi,
          > > > do you think than AoE could be a rules for organize
          tournament ?
          > > > Have you got some idea about this ? How to do for that ?
          > > > Nicolas
          > > > http://napofig.free.fr
          > > >

          > More to the point, they run an ACW BOFF tournament, "The
          Featherstone
          > Cup" at Fall-In every year. So if they can do that, it should be
          > possible, though I suspect a bit more complicated. Since in the
          ACW,
          > the armies were mirror copies of each other [in weapons, doctrine,
          > leadership etc]. With Napoleonics you have the mix of different
          > nationalities, doctrine etc across a longer span of time. But if
          > they can run ancients tournaments here with Aztecs fighting
          > Egyptians, anything is POSSIBLE.
        • Andrew Deans
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 2 2:48 PM
            Hi Bill,
            A good friend of mine has had a stab at a points system based on excel format. it is in the files section of the group.
            Regards,
            Andrew