SV: [NapoleonicFireandFury] Request for Assistance - Names for Allied Generals

  • Jesper Asmussen
    Message 1 of 7 , May 27, 2005
      Hi,

      Those Danish Generals what year are you looking for?

      Cheers

      Jesper Asmussen

      Message 2 of 7 , May 27, 2005
        I think they were all involved somehow with the defense of Copenhagen. Make sense?

        Warmest regards,

        // Bill //

        Wilbur E. Gray
        Colonel, US Army (Ret)
        HMGS East Webmaster

        www.hmgs.org

        Message 3 of 7 , May 27, 2005
          Hi,

          The following is what I have

          General Joakim Melkior Holten Castenskjold, Commanded the relief attempt of
          Copenhagen in 1807
          Unfortunately meet a certain General Wellesley in the battle at Koege.

          General Henrik Ernst Peymann, Commandant of Copenhagen and in charge of it
          defence when the
          British did their dastardly deed in 1807.

          General Ernst Frederik Düring (General of cavalry), Command of the cavalry
          in 1803 when Denmark
          Mobilized a force in response to the French takeover of Hanover. In 1805 in
          command of the
          2nd division (cavalry) when Denmark again mobilized.

          Cheers

          Jesper

          OK gang,

          As we put AOE to bed for good, would like your assistance as regards
          the ranks and first (and middle) names of the following Allied
          generals:

          snip...

          Denmark

          Castenskiold
          During
          Peimann

          Helllllllllllllllp (and thanks) !!!

          Regards, Bill Gray
        • Colonel (Ret) Bill Gray
          Message 4 of 7 , May 27, 2005
            Ohhhhhhhhh, this is good, I mean this is REAL good. Somehow I knew you would grab this and run with it. Thanks muchly.

            Warmest regards,

            // Bill //

            Wilbur E. Gray
            Colonel, US Army (Ret)
            HMGS East Webmaster

            www.hmgs.org

            >>> Jesper Asmussen<ja-gqg@...> 05/27 1:11 PM >>>

            Hi,

            The following is what I have

            General Joakim Melkior Holten Castenskjold, Commanded the relief attempt of
            Copenhagen in 1807
            Unfortunately meet a certain General Wellesley in the battle at Koege.

            General Henrik Ernst Peymann, Commandant of Copenhagen and in charge of it
            defence when the
            British did their dastardly deed in 1807.

            General Ernst Frederik Düring (General of cavalry), Command of the cavalry
            in 1803 when Denmark
            Mobilized a force in response to the French takeover of Hanover. In 1805 in
            command of the
            2nd division (cavalry) when Denmark again mobilized.

            Cheers

            Jesper

            OK gang,

            As we put AOE to bed for good, would like your assistance as regards
            the ranks and first (and middle) names of the following Allied
            generals:

            snip...

            Denmark

            Castenskiold
            During
            Peimann

            Helllllllllllllllp (and thanks) !!!

            Regards, Bill Gray

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • magnus_kinnander
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 10, 2005
              Hi!

              The names of the two swedish commanders you were looking for are:

              Fältmarskalk (Field Marshall) Curt von Stedingk
              Fältmarskalk Hans Henrik von Essen

              Looking forward to the publication :)

              Cheers

              Magnus

              --- In NapoleonicFireandFury@yahoogroups.com, "COL (R) Bill Gray"
              <hmgs1@h...> wrote:
              > OK gang,
              >
              > As we put AOE to bed for good, would like your assistance as
              regards
              > the ranks and first (and middle) names of the following Allied
              > generals:
              >
              > Austria
              >
              > Latour
              > Saxe-Teschen