Re: [NapoleonicFireandFury] tradeoffs

  • mage
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2005
      Montemaran@... wrote on 12/31/04 8:16 AM

      >indeed, without a medium such as washers, it would seem that this suggestion
      >would be pretty much pointless, as cutting round bases would be too difficult

      Pre-cut round bases certainly exist, as I've seen them in the local
      historical game shop. They are wood, I believe. ;-)
    • Tim Thompson
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2005
        My thoughts on the subject are that a round base is probably
        marginally better but really is not something to get excited about.
        (fence sitter? who, me?) If Bill were to mandate it for his rules I
        would not rebase my figures as I am happy with what I have and would
        rather devote my energies to extending my armies. If I were starting
        a new army in a new period and my opponents had not jumped one way
        or the other I might well go for round bases if I could easily get
        the right sized washers.

        Regards
        Tim

        --- In NapoleonicFireandFury@yahoogroups.com, mage <mage@m...> wrote:
        > Montemaran@t... wrote on 12/31/04 8:16 AM
        >
        > >indeed, without a medium such as washers, it would seem that
        this suggestion
        > >would be pretty much pointless, as cutting round bases would be
        too difficult

        > Pre-cut round bases certainly exist, as I've seen them in the
        local
        > historical game shop. They are wood, I believe. ;-)
      • Craig Ellison
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 2, 2005
          It's the look of the thing that is important to me and those I "game"
          with, and to that extent we use a variety of base sizes for our command
          elements, often having mini dioramas.

          As an aside there are also the bases that Games Workshop produce in a
          variety of sizes if round bases are your thing

          Regards to all
          Craig