Gamex 6mm pics posted

  • boyinblue12000
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 6, 2004
      A weekend ago, Greg, Jason, Barry and I ran Eylau and Ramillies at
      the Los Angeles Gamex convention using the Fire and Fury variants.
      I posted the pics in 6mm WSS folder. Everyone enjoyed themselves
      and the battles played very well.

      The result of the Ramillies game was in doubt until the GM (me) had
      to pick it up because..ermm...I had a hot date with a young lady
      after the Con. The outcry and whipping noises I had to endure were
      punishment enough. I'm sure I'll hear about it for the next decade.

      Thanks to Marc Canu who was nice enough to use his digital camera to
      take shots of the game. I did rib him for taking most of the pics
      of the French center (his command) and their heroics.

      Dave
    • Jesper Asmussen
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 7, 2004
        Hi,

        And you call yourself a wargamer:)

        Looks lovely what company are those figures and have you altered the basing?

        Cheers

        Jesper

        A weekend ago, Greg, Jason, Barry and I ran Eylau and Ramillies at
        the Los Angeles Gamex convention using the Fire and Fury variants.
        I posted the pics in 6mm WSS folder. Everyone enjoyed themselves
        and the battles played very well.

        The result of the Ramillies game was in doubt until the GM (me) had
        to pick it up because..ermm...I had a hot date with a young lady
        after the Con. The outcry and whipping noises I had to endure were
        punishment enough. I'm sure I'll hear about it for the next decade.

        Thanks to Marc Canu who was nice enough to use his digital camera to
        take shots of the game. I did rib him for taking most of the pics
        of the French center (his command) and their heroics.

        Dave

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • boyinblue12000
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 7, 2004
          Thanks. The figures are Baccus. They are based for 15mm scale. 1"
          by 1" for cav and Anglo-Dutch infantry. 7/8" by 1" for French
          infantry.

          Dave

          --- In NapoleonicFireandFury@yahoogroups.com, "Jesper Asmussen" <ja-
          gqg@p...> wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > And you call yourself a wargamer:)
          >
          > Looks lovely what company are those figures and have you altered
          the basing?

          > Cheers
          >
          > Jesper

        • Colonel (Ret) Bill Gray
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 7, 2004
            Basing it that way sure does make for an impressive visual display. Talk about serried ranks of bayonets . . . .

            Warmest regards,

            // Bill //

            Wilbur E. Gray
            Colonel, US Army (Ret)

            boyinblue12000<boyinblue1@...> 6/7/2004 9:08:03 AM

            gqg@p...> wrote:
            > Hi,
            >
            > And you call yourself a wargamer:)
            >
            > Looks lovely what company are those figures and have you altered
            the basing?

            > Cheers
            >
            > Jesper

            > the Los Angeles Gamex convention using the
            Fire and Fury variants.
            > I posted the pics in 6mm WSS folder.
            Everyone enjoyed themselves
            > and the battles played very well.
            >
            > The result of the Ramillies game was in doubt until the GM (me)
            had
            > to pick it up because..ermm...I had a hot date with a young
            lady
            > after the Con.  The outcry and whipping noises I had to endure
            were
            > punishment enough.  I'm sure I'll hear about it for the next
            decade.

            > Thanks to Marc Canu who was nice enough to use his
            digital camera
            > take shots of the game.  I did rib him for
            taking most of the pics
            > of the French center (his command) and their
            heroics.

            > Dave
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • sfkinteriors
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 7, 2004
              I also want to thank Marc for his camera work. Very impressive.
              Dave was supposed to bring his, but his brain was otherwise
              preoccupied by his "hot" date. If memory serves, I think the date
              was an 18 year old goth girl in fishnets that Dave met at the last
              vampire LARP :)

              Greg