Cavalry Charges

  • nukday@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2001
      This has now come up twice in a row in our games,
      so we're checking to make sure.

      Does cavalry charging which were disordered without a melee,
      but by fire on the prior turn have the -3 die modifier on
      the Maneuver/Disorder Effects table? The comment with
      the rule [under Phase 3:Charge] says it is to specifically
      discourge cavalry that has just charged or countercharged the
      previous turn, from immediately recovering and charging again
      as the mounts are considered to be fatigued or winded.
      Since the disorder occured by fire there would be no
      winding or fatigue. Based upon the explicit citation,
      we've ruled that the cavalry does not have the -3 modifier
      when it attempts to charge the following turn if the
      disorder is the result of any condition other than melee.
      Please correct me if we're doing this wrong. Thanks.

      DAW