Re: [NapoleonicFireandFury] Poll results for NapoleonicFireandFury

  • COL (R) Bill Gray
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 8, 2003
      WOW!!!  A lot closer than I thought it would be.

      Warmest regards,

      // Bill //

      Wilbur E. Gray
      HMGS East

      Phone (717) 732-7242
      www.hmgs.org
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 8, 2003
        Bill,
        First, I'm surprised by the small number of votes considering how many people are on the egroup and from posted comments, it looks like everyone wants to see this succeed.
        Second, I think the rules will do well if they contain the entire set of rules. It's much easier to sell to convention gamers, club members, online, etc..., if the set contains the entire rules. Face it, our society is pretty lazy and if gamers have to buy your rules and then go somewhere else to buy another set to make it work, they'll figure it's not worth the effort and get neither!
        I'm just looking forward to seeing the published set. Even though I have a downloaded set there are several club members and I who will purchase a copy to support the cause.
        Matt
      • Jim O'Neil
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 8, 2003
          I'll second this view... a later book of scenario's would be wonderful
          too.. especially if not tied directly to the rules, so other systems
          find them useless.

          On Friday, August 8, 2003, at 09:22 AM, mirsik1@... wrote:

          > Bill,
          > First, I'm surprised by the small number of votes considering how
          > many people are on the egroup and from posted comments, it looks like
          > everyone wants to see this succeed.
          > Second, I think the rules will do well if they contain the entire
          > set of rules. It's much easier to sell to convention gamers, club
          > members, online, etc..., if the set contains the entire rules. Face
          > it, our society is pretty lazy and if gamers have to buy your rules
          > and then go somewhere else to buy another set to make it work, they'll
          > figure it's not worth the effort and get neither!
          > I'm just looking forward to seeing the published set. Even
          > though I have a downloaded set there are several club members and I
          > who will purchase a copy to support the cause.
          > Matt

          Jim O'Neil
        • timt9cole
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 24, 2003
            --- In NapoleonicFireandFury@yahoogroups.com, "COL \(R\) Bill Gray"
            <hmgs1@h...> wrote:
            > WOW!!! A lot closer than I thought it would be.
            >
            > Warmest regards,
            >
            > // Bill //
            >
            > Wilbur E. Gray
            > HMGS East
            >
            > Phone (717) 732-7242
            > www.hmgs.org
            NapoleonicFireandFury

            > The following NapoleonicFireandFury poll is now closed. Here are
            the
            > final results:
            >

            > POLL QUESTION: Age of Eagles - should it be published
            > commercially as an integrated set with
            > the BOFF rules, or a variant only with
            > LOTS of scenarios?
            >
            > CHOICES AND RESULTS
            > - Integrated set, less scenarios., 21 votes, 60.00%
            > - Variant, more scenarios., 14 votes, 40.00%
            >

            > For more information about this group, please visit
            > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NapoleonicFireandFury
            >
            > For help with Yahoo! Groups, please visit
            > http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            Service.
          • timt9cole
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 25, 2003
              I do not know what happened to yesteday's message but what I want to
              say is that I was away on holiday (vacation) when you did the poll
              and so missed it. My view is very strongly in favour of an integrated
              set. I do use a non-integrated set from another publisher and find
              they are a pain. If you are paying for a set of rules for one period
              you do not want to have to buy a set for a different period.

              Regards
              Tim

            • Geoff Wootten
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 28, 2003
                --- In NapoleonicFireandFury@yahoogroups.com, "timt9cole" <tim@t...>
                wrote:
                > --- In NapoleonicFireandFury@yahoogroups.com, "COL \(R\) Bill Gray"
                > <hmgs1@h...> wrote:
                > > WOW!!! A lot closer than I thought it would be.
                > >
                > > Warmest regards,
                > >
                > > // Bill //

                Hi Bill,

                You cant use this result with any reliability, unfortunately. Its a
                low response rate, with only 35 votes cast out of 852 members of the
                group - thats 4%.

                And by nature of the topic, this will be a specially interested
                membership which may not be representative of a wider audience.....

                (There is bias and error in the research)

                Geoff
              • Julian Morgan
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 30, 2003

                  ---

                  Where can I get hold of Napoleonic Fire anf Fury....? Ive heard a lot of good reports about it,and want to wargame grand tactical Napoleonics,yet have not see it advertised in any shops or Companies.... pls can people in this group help. ?

                  Yours.

                  Julian Morgan

                  wrote:
                  > --- In NapoleonicFireandFury@yahoogroups.com, "COL \(R\) Bill Gray"
                  > <hmgs1@h...> wrote:
                  > > WOW!!!  A lot closer than I thought it would be.
                  > >
                  > > Warmest regards,
                  > >
                  > > // Bill //

                  Hi Bill,

                  You cant use this result with any reliability, unfortunately. Its a
                  low response rate, with only 35 votes cast out of 852 members of the
                  group - thats 4%.

                  And by nature of the topic, this will be a specially interested
                  membership which may not be representative of a wider audience.....

                  (There is bias and error in the research)

                  Geoff

                  Do you Yahoo!?
                • mirsik1@juno.com
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 31, 2003
                    Julian,
                    The rules are available for free in the files section of the NF&F Yahoo Group. Just join the group and you can download the rules. Even though they are free, the rules are very professionally done with full color reference charts. It would help to have a copy of the ACW Fire and Fury rules, but most members on this group can answer your questions if you don't.
                    Matt
                  • Kerry
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 1, 2003
                      Julian,

                      If you're posting here, I must assume you've already joined the
                      group. Welcome! The rules are in the Files section to the left of
                      this box. The file(s) is named LAFAOE (l'Armee Francaise: Age of
                      Eagles), but you need to hunt for the most current version.

                      I will have to disagree with Matt on one point, though. It is
                      absolutely VITAL that you have a copy of BOFF (Basic Original Fire &
                      Fury) in order to make use any of the LAF variants. They are written
                      as supplements to the ACW version, and cannot be understood without
                      it (I know, because I tried). This is why I voted for AoE to be
                      published as a stand-alone rules set. We can always post more
                      scenarios here if Bill runs out of space. ;-)

                      Note to Bill - the Files section could use just a bit of
                      housekeeping. Delete out-of-date files, create sub-folders etc.
                      It's kind of a mess finding the most current and relevent files.
                      Just a thought.

                      Kerry
                    • Julian Morgan
                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 1, 2003
                        Thanks for this Kerry,I'll buy the orignial anyway...i cant find any files at all,will ask my kids to help..i'm not the most proficient pc person..thanks for the reply....will get hem eventually.

                        Julian.

                        Kerry <kerry@...> wrote:
[...]

                      • Col (Ret) Bill Gray
                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 1, 2003
                          Concur with your last paragraph - I'll see what I can do.

                          Regards, Bill Gray

                          Message 12 of 12 , Sep 1, 2003
                            Julian,

                            You must be set up to receive these messages directly as email. If
                            you get on your internet browser and go to

                            you should be able to view the whole YahooGroup page. There's a
                            yellow box with several options in it, the fourth one of which is
                            called Files. Just click on it, and it will open up a (rather
                            lengthy) list of files with brief descriptions. Just click on the
                            one called LAFAOE. It should automatically open up as a Microsoft
                            Word document which you can then print out.

                            Otherwise, let your kids help you. I'm 45, so I know where you're
                            coming from.

                            Kerry