Re: [NapoleonicFireandFury] Cavalry melee question

  • doug noble
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 22, 2013
      The results of the melee were a draw and then a minus 3 against the Brit. cavalry in the second round. In the two player turns since both cav. forces have remained disordered*low morale rolls* and have stayed in place 2 inches apart from each other. Doug
      ------------------------------
      On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 3:07 AM EST Drew Jarman wrote:

      >Doug
      >
      >What was the original result? B&S on continue of a Draw, all other results involve one side or the other falling back a minimum of 2 inches or outside musket range after a visitor occupies position.
      >Both sides are disordered and if the British wish to charge they have to declare it and take the additional -3 for charging whilst disordered on the roll. If they fail the roll nothing happens apart from they carry out the result on the table.
      >
      >Drew
      >Sent from my iPhone
      >
      >On 22 Jan 2013, at 00:37, doug noble <thenoblest2002@...> wrote:
      >

      >> In my solo game two French cav. brigades drove back a Brit. cavalry brigade.After the melee both sides were in disorder facing each other one inch apart. Because they are an inch apart the melee continues the next turn correct? If so what happens if the Brit. cavalry fails its morale roll to charge? The charge doesnt happen? Any input appreciated. Doug

    • Drew Jarman
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 22, 2013
        Doug

        Sounds like the French player should have attempted to rally in their next turn instead of attempting to charge. If successful they should fall back over four inches thereby making sure they get a free effective countercharge. Mind you since you have two French brigades you get two chances each turn if trying to rally and charge a stationary disordered Brit cav bgde :-)

        Drew
        Sent from my iPhone