Re: Regimental AOE

  • Bevan
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2011
      For campaigns with few cavalry (such as my favourite Russo-Swedish war 1808-9) RF&F works fine out of the box.

      --- In NapoleonicFireandFury@yahoogroups.com, "azelcid" <kochanmobile@...> wrote:

      > Anything in the works for a regimental level AOE like the Fire and Fury regimental game?

    • johnkyss
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 3, 2011
        Dear Drew,
        Ground scale is, of course different, are there are 3 separate scales (plus a substitute 'Brigade' scale)for regimental and battalion sized units which therefore rquire alternate range scales.
        However, movement rates, firepower/melee factors are unaltered to keep it simple. The logic and justification for this will be explained in the variant. The latter is presently in note form (for my own reference)and needs to be re-written to be clearly intelligible to others. Working on it!
        regards John

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 7, 2011
          Dear Mike,
          Will post the variant in files as soon as I have to put my notes into an intelligable form for others to understand!
          best regards

          --- In NapoleonicFireandFury@yahoogroups.com, "michaeljohnirvin@..." <michaeljohnirvin@...> wrote:

          > I'd be interested in reading them and try them out by playing some small "lower level" engagements.
          > Would be grateful if you would post them in the files section
          >
          > Mike
          >

          > Sent from my Nokia phone

        • Sheriff Lee
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 28, 2011
            I am interested.
            I plsy RF&F for ACW,Mex/ameri of 1848, War of 812, and AWI.

            --- In NapoleonicFireandFury@yahoogroups.com, "johnkyss" <johnkyss@...> wrote:

            > I devised a variant for AOE/AOH, for my own gaming interests, that enables play at the Regimental and Battalion levels using infantry stands at 240,180 or 120 strengths. The rules require few amendments (principally new weapon range tables) and the existing charts/tables can be used. It plays quite smoothly. If you are interested I will endeavour to revamp it in a reasonably presentable form and post it up in files.
            > John.
            >
            > --- In NapoleonicFireandFury@yahoogroups.com, "azelcid" <kochanmobile@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Anything in the works for a regimental level AOE like the Fire and Fury regimental game?

          • azelcid
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 4 5:59 PM
              wrote:

              > Dear Mike,
              > Will post the variant in files as soon as I have to put my notes into
              an intelligable form for others to understand!
              > best regards
              >
              > --- In NapoleonicFireandFury@yahoogroups.com, "michaeljohnirvin@"
              michaeljohnirvin@ wrote:

              > > I'd be interested in reading them and try them out by playing some
              small "lower level" engagements.
              > > Would be grateful if you would post them in the files section
              > >
              > > Mike
              > >

              > > Sent from my Nokia phone

              around with it but you have one worked out I'd love to try it. We paint
              regiments. A regiment has a personality. A brigade doesn't at least
              before the ACW.
              Larry