Marengo Scenario

  • highlandbevan
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1 2:46 PM
      I was very grateful to find this in the files section - but there's a couple of things I'm not sure about:

      Austrian brigades labelled 'SS'
      French independent brigades labelled (-1)

      Also does anyone have a plan of the battlefield for AOE (1" = 120 yards)

      Thanks very much,
      Bevan
    • monk2002uk
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2 8:55 AM
        > Also does anyone have a plan of the battlefield for AOE (1" = 120
        > yards)

        Bevan

        What size table are you planning to use?

        Robert
      • highlandbevan
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 2 11:14 AM
          > Bevan
          >
          > What size table are you planning to use?
          >
          > Robert

          Up to 12' x 6' but I was hoping a bit smaller as that doesn't allow much space for the gamers to get in the room!

          realistically 8' by 6' or up to 12' x 4'. I'm a bit of a scale perfectionist so I'd like to get it to 'proper' AOE scale if possible.

          thanks,
          Bevan
        • Paul Synnott
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 2 12:55 PM
            The SS probably stands for "semi-skirmisher", which was something that was
            in one of the earlier versions of the rules for a while. If I remember
            correctly they fired like SK units but didn't provide as much protection. I
            think the idea a the time was to use them to represent units who, while thay
            may nominally have deployed skirmishers, either deployed too few to be truly
            effective, or just weren't very good at skirmishing.

            Paul

            On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 10:46 PM, highlandbevan <highlandbevan@...>wrote:

            > I was very grateful to find this in the files section - but there's a
            > couple of things I'm not sure about:
            >
            > Austrian brigades labelled 'SS'
            > French independent brigades labelled (-1)
            >
            > Also does anyone have a plan of the battlefield for AOE (1" = 120 yards)
            >
            > Thanks very much,
            > Bevan

          • monk2002uk
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 2 11:18 PM
              > realistically 8' by 6' or up to 12' x 4'.

              Bevan

              8' x 6' should work well. Let me see what I can russle up in the next day or so.

              Robert
            • monk2002uk
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 8 1:23 AM
                > russle up in the next day or so.

                Bevan

                I have uploaded a battlefield map to the Files section.

                Robert