Age of Honor Seminar - Cold Wars 10!

  • Wilbur Gray
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 1, 2010
      Everyone,
      I will be hosting an Age of Honor (AOH, Lace Wars Fire & Fury) seminar at Cold Wars 2010, 7:00 pm, Thursday, in the Hopewell Room. I will not only be teaching the rules for my two Blenheim games that weekend . . .
      BUT
      I will be giving everyone a color slide show preview of exactly what the AOH expansion book will look like, to include charts, maps, labels, the works.
      ALSO
      Everyone who attends will receive a free CD ROM with a special sample scenario, to include charts and everything else you need to play, so that you might take a test drive of the system. I know some sharpies out there know what battle it will be, but for most it will come as a surprise and is not scheduled for inclusion in the Age of Honor book. The disk will also contain all the updates and freebies from our Website.
      Hope to see you there!

      Warmest regards,

      /// BILL ///

      Wilbur E Gray
      Colonel, US Army (Ret)
      AOE, PSS, HMGS WFG+

      http://ageofeagles.grouply.com

      "The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

      EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
      Join me

    • Michael Brown
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 1, 2010
        will there be a download after the event for those poor schmucks that can't go (like me)?

        Michael Brown
        mwsaber6@...

          From: mwSaber6@...
          Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 13:59:48 -0700

          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 1, 2010
            Someone HAD to ask

            Michael Brown
            mwsaber6@...

            > Hmmmmmmmm, this from the guy who said he wasn't gonna start a new
            > wargaming period?
            > Nevertheless young Padawan, I think we can work something out.
            >
            > Warmest regards,
            >
            > /// BILL ///
            >
            > Wilbur E Gray
            > Colonel, US Army (Ret)
            > AOE, PSS, HMGS WFG+
            >
            > http://ageofeagles.grouply.com
            >

            > "The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its
            > thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides
            >

            > EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
            > Join me
            >
            > To: NapoleonicFireandFury@yahoogroups.com
            > From: mwSaber6@...
            > Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 13:59:48 -0700
            > Subject: Re: [NapoleonicFireandFury] Age of Honor Seminar - Cold Wars 10!

            > will there be a download after the event for those poor schmucks that
            > can't go (like me)?
            >

            > Michael Brown
            >
            > mwsaber6@...

          • Wilbur Gray

              From: mwSaber6@...
              Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 15:05:13 -0700

              Someone HAD to ask

              Michael Brown

              mwsaber6@...

              > Hmmmmmmmm, this from the guy who said he wasn't gonna start a new

              > wargaming period?

              > Nevertheless young Padawan, I think we can work something out.

              > Warmest regards,

              > /// BILL ///

              > Wilbur E Gray

              > Colonel, US Army (Ret)

              > AOE, PSS, HMGS WFG+

              > http://ageofeagles.grouply.com

              > "The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its

              > thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

              > EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD

              > Join me

              > To: NapoleonicFireandFury@yahoogroups.com

              > From: mwSaber6@...

              > Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 13:59:48 -0700

              > Subject: Re: [NapoleonicFireandFury] Age of Honor Seminar - Cold Wars 10!

              > will there be a download after the event for those poor schmucks that

              > can't go (like me)?

              > Michael Brown

              > mwsaber6@...

            • SPAR Prestatyn
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 2, 2010
                Do we get free transport to the event?
                8^|

                Regards

                Mike

                Sent from iPhone

                On 1 Mar 2010, at 21:24, Wilbur Gray <hmgs1b@...> wrote:

                > Hmmmmmmmm, this from the guy who said he wasn't gonna start a new
                > wargaming period?
                > Nevertheless young Padawan, I think we can work something out.
                >
                > Warmest regards,
                >
                > /// BILL ///
                >
                > Wilbur E Gray
                > Colonel, US Army (Ret)
                > AOE, PSS, HMGS WFG+
                >
                > http://ageofeagles.grouply.com
                >

                > "The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have
                > its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
                > Thucydides
                >

                > EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
                > Join me
                >
                > To: NapoleonicFireandFury@yahoogroups.com
                > From: mwSaber6@...
                > Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 13:59:48 -0700
                > Subject: Re: [NapoleonicFireandFury] Age of Honor Seminar - Cold
                > Wars 10!

                > will there be a download after the event for those poor
                > schmucks that can't go (like me)?
                >

                > Michael Brown
                >
                > mwsaber6@...

              • Emilio Moskowich Burgo
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 2, 2010
                  Hi all

                  I am looking for information on italian army cavalry: uniforms and horse
                  furniture of chasseur a cheval regiments. Any idea?

                  Emilio
                • Michael J Rieder
                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 2, 2010
                    There's this, but it helps if you can read French

                    http://empire.histofig.com/-Historique,199-.html

                    Best wishes

                    Michael Rieder

> [...]
                    >

                    > <!-- #ygrp-mkp { border: 1px solid #d8d8d8; font-family: Arial; margin: 10px 0; padding: 0 10px; } #ygrp-mkp hr { border: 1px solid #d8d8d8; } #ygrp-mkp #hd { color: #628c2a; font-size: 85%; font-weight: 700; line-height: 122%; margin: 10px 0; } #ygrp-mkp #ads { margin-bottom: 10px; } #ygrp-mkp .ad { padding: 0 0; } #ygrp-mkp .ad a { color: #0000ff; text-decoration: none; } #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc { font-family: Arial; } #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd { margin: 10px 0px; font-weight: 700; font-size: 78%; line-height: 122%; } #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad { margin-bottom: 10px; padding: 0 0; } a { color: #1e66ae; } #actions { font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px; padding: 10px 0; } #activity { background-color: #e0ecee; float: left; font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10px; padding: 10px; } #activity span { font-weight: 700; } #activity span:first-child { text-transform: uppercase; } #activity span a { color: #5085b6; text-decoration: none; } #activity span span { color: #ff7900; } #activity span .underline { text-decoration: underline; } .attach { clear: both; display: table; font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; padding: 10px 0; width: 400px; } .attach div a { text-decoration: none; } .attach img { border: none; padding-right: 5px; } .attach label { display: block; margin-bottom: 5px; } .attach label a { text-decoration: none; } blockquote { margin: 0 0 0 4px; } .bold { font-family: Arial; font-size: 13px; font-weight: 700; } .bold a { text-decoration: none; } dd.last p a { font-family: Verdana; font-weight: 700; } dd.last p span { margin-right: 10px; font-family: Verdana; font-weight: 700; } dd.last p span.yshortcuts { margin-right: 0; } div.attach-table div div a { text-decoration: none; } div.attach-table { width: 400px; } div.file-title a, div.file-title a:active, div.file-title a:hover, div.file-title a:visited { text-decoration: none; } div.photo-title a, div.photo-title a:active, div.photo-title a:hover, div.photo-title a:visited { text-decoration: none; } div#ygrp-mlmsg #ygrp-msg p a span.yshortcuts { font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10px; font-weight: normal; } .green { color: #628c2a; } .MsoNormal { margin: 0 0 0 0; } o { font-size: 0; } #photos div { float: left; width: 72px; } #photos div div { border: 1px solid #666666; height: 62px; overflow: hidden; width: 62px; } #photos div label { color: #666666; font-size: 10px; overflow: hidden; text-align: center; white-space: nowrap; width: 64px; } #reco-category { font-size: 77%; } #reco-desc { font-size: 77%; } .replbq { margin: 4px; } #ygrp-actbar div a:first-child { /* border-right: 0px solid #000;*/ margin-right: 2px; padding-right: 5px; } #ygrp-mlmsg { font-size: 13px; font-family: Arial, helvetica,clean, sans-serif; *font-size: small; *font: x-small; } #ygrp-mlmsg table { font-size: inherit; font: 100%; } #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea { font: 99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif; } #ygrp-mlmsg pre, code { font:115% monospace; *font-size:100%; } #ygrp-mlmsg * { line-height: 1.22em; } #ygrp-mlmsg #logo { padding-bottom: 10px; } #ygrp-mlmsg a { color: #1E66AE; } #ygrp-msg p a { font-family: Verdana; } #ygrp-msg p#attach-count span { color: #1E66AE; font-weight: 700; } #ygrp-reco #reco-head { color: #ff7900; font-weight: 700; } #ygrp-reco { margin-bottom: 20px; padding: 0px; } #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a { font-size: 130%; text-decoration: none; } #ygrp-sponsor #ov li { font-size: 77%; list-style-type: square; padding: 6px 0; } #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul { margin: 0; padding: 0 0 0 8px; } #ygrp-text { font-family: Georgia; } #ygrp-text p { margin: 0 0 1em 0; } #ygrp-text tt { font-size: 120%; } #ygrp-vital ul li:last-child { border-right: none !important; } -->

                  • Emilio Moskowich Burgo
                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 2, 2010
                      Hi Michael
                      I already know that page. But there is only info on guard cavalry, not on
                      line chasseurs. Thanks.
                      Emilio

                      > I am looking for information on italian army cavalry: uniforms and horse
                      > furniture of chasseur a cheval regiments. Any idea?
                      >
                      > Emilio

                    • Michael J Rieder
                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 2, 2010
                        I will check the library at home to see what I have

                        Michael Rieder

                      • mage@macconnect.com
                        Message 11 of 14 , Mar 2, 2010
                          On Mar 2, 2010, at 9:08 AM, Emilio Moskowich Burgo wrote:

                          > I am looking for information on italian army cavalry: uniforms and
                          > horse
                          > furniture of chasseur a cheval regiments. Any idea?

                          From Knötel, Knötel & Sieg:

                          "The chasseurs a cheval wore green jackets and Hungarian breeches.
                          The jackets were closed down the front with a row of white metal
                          buttons and were ornamented with white lace loops the breeches had
                          white Austrian knots and piping down the sides. The Hungarian boots
                          had white binding around the tops. The 1st, 2nd & 4th Regiments had
                          chacos with a cockade and loop at the top of the front, and white
                          lace chevrons, point uppermost, at the sides. The chinscales were
                          white metal. Above the cockade was green plume with the tip in the
                          regimental color. The 3rd Regiment wore fur caps, with the cockade
                          high up on the front and a red plume above. The collars, cuffs, and
                          skirt turnbacks were yellow for the 1st Regiment; red for the 2nd and
                          3rd; and violet carmine for the 4th.

                          From "Armies of the Napoleonic Era" by von Pivka:

                          Shako bearing only the cockade, loop and button at the top front,
                          white chinscales, dark green plume with tip in the regimental color.
                          Dark green, single-breasted tunics and breeches, white buttons and
                          lace bars across the chest, collar, pointed cuffs and turnbacks in
                          the following colors: 1st Regiment--yellow; 2nd--red; 3rd--red (this
                          regiment wore black fur colpaks with cockade and red plume at the top
                          front); 4th--violet. The breeches had white Hungarian lace to sides
                          and thighs. Dark green saddle furniture edged in the regimental
                          color, black harness with brass fittings.

                        • RichardL
                          Message 12 of 14 , Mar 2, 2010
                            Hi Emilio,

                            Have you tried this link? It may be useful.

                            http://napitalia.org.uk/eng/linkmenu.shtml

                            Regards, Richard

                            --- In NapoleonicFireandFury@yahoogroups.com, "Emilio Moskowich Burgo" <emosbur@...> wrote:

                            > Hi all
                            >
                            > I am looking for information on italian army cavalry: uniforms and horse
                            > furniture of chasseur a cheval regiments. Any idea?
                            >
                            > Emilio

                          • Emilio Moskowich Burgo
                            Message 13 of 14 , Mar 3, 2010
                              Thanks, this is what I need, but not sure about saddles. Are hungarian
                              saddles without cloth like french line chasseurs ones, or with cloth like
                              used by guard chasseurs?

                              Emilio

                              On Mar 2, 2010, at 9:08 AM, Emilio Moskowich Burgo wrote:

                              > I am looking for information on italian army cavalry: uniforms and
                              > horse
                              > furniture of chasseur a cheval regiments. Any idea?

                              From Knötel, Knötel & Sieg:

                              "The chasseurs a cheval wore green jackets and Hungarian breeches.
                              The jackets were closed down the front with a row of white metal
                              buttons and were ornamented with white lace loops the breeches had
                              white Austrian knots and piping down the sides. The Hungarian boots
                              had white binding around the tops. The 1st, 2nd & 4th Regiments had
                              chacos with a cockade and loop at the top of the front, and white
                              lace chevrons, point uppermost, at the sides. The chinscales were
                              white metal. Above the cockade was green plume with the tip in the
                              regimental color. The 3rd Regiment wore fur caps, with the cockade
                              high up on the front and a red plume above. The collars, cuffs, and
                              skirt turnbacks were yellow for the 1st Regiment; red for the 2nd and
                              3rd; and violet carmine for the 4th.

                              From "Armies of the Napoleonic Era" by von Pivka:

                              Message 14 of 14 , Mar 3, 2010
                                yes I already checked it, thanks.